Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yeah, I think we can all agree that with the bigger the round , multiple shots, and proper shot placement wins.
    Definitely a shotgun gives better odds in the right hands.
    A co-worker caught a homicide where the victim was targeted. They knocked on his door when he answered they pretty much put the barrel on his chest and pulled the trigger.
    Co-worker said it was one of the oddest crime scene heís ever seen. Suspect on the ground with a hole in his chest and his heart sitting on a table beside him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tony
    When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    The shotgun wins in this regard, 1 trigger press equals 7-9 holes.
    15 holes if you use #1 Buck.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
    A co-worker caught a homicide where the victim was targeted. They knocked on his door when he answered they pretty much put the barrel on his chest and pulled the trigger.
    Co-worker said it was one of the oddest crime scene he’s ever seen. Suspect on the ground with a hole in his chest and his heart sitting on a table beside him.
    Sounds like a scene from a Tarantino film.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    15 holes if you use #1 Buck.
    Exactly why my dad uses #1.

Double your pleasure, double your fun....

What is the SI preferred shotgun round?
    Paul

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    What is the SI preferred shotgun round?
    Me...on a PGO I used #4 as shown above...but on a braced or stocked weapon...00 has always worked for me in the past.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I’m not familiar with much beyond double ought. What’s the patterning like on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Killab View Post
    Double your pleasure, double your fun....

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
    Iím not familiar with much beyond double ought. Whatís the patterning like on these?
    Number 4 buckshot being smaller will lose velocity faster and even at closer ranges will penetrate less. But, makes about trice as many punctures as does the double 00. At closer ranges I think the number 4 is more deadly. At longer ranges or where more penetration is needed double 00 or triple 000 I think is better. I use number 4 for my place since the range in theory should be less and at distance after hitting a privacy fence should be less capable of collateral damage.
    For rifles, my AK will go through a privacy fence and perhaps if it hits the mortar between the bricks of an outer wall might penetrate into a house.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

[QUOTE=Gabriel Suarez;1944218]

This from a close friend who is a surgeon at a very busy ER - note bold lettering:

"Another thing they did not mention in the article was caliber of weapon. This is important. I treated HEAPS of 9mm and .40 wounds that just required local wound care. Self defense rounds almost always caused a compartment syndrome necessitating decompression of the muscle. . . but nobody ever died from those wounds and most of them went back to their stupid lives.

I had to look that one up...

Compartment syndrome is a condition in which increased pressure within one of the body's anatomical compartments results in insufficient blood supply to tissue within that space.