Default Difficulty installing the GG&G Side Saddle on 870 TAC14 Marine Magnum

I cannot seem to get the larger diameter retaining pin/screw through the rear port. Light tapping with a hammer got it about half way through and then it refused to budge. Tapping it back out the other end with a punch was a chore as well. Is my Marine Finish on mine too thick or something? The instruction videos I have all seen were all either drop in or took 2-3 very light taps to seat where needed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    If one doesn´t have a pure heart, heaven will never permit any pleasurable times.

I know this sounds stupid but flip the pin over and try again. I've had 870s where the pin would only go in one direction.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

The pins for it, have a bolt head that you have to seat a washer on. They can only go in one way.
    If one doesn´t have a pure heart, heaven will never permit any pleasurable times.