Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default THIS LOOKS INTERESTING

iwi-israel-weapon-industries-iwi-tavor-7-7.62x51-bullpup-rifle-tavor-in-308-bullpup-israel-tavor.jpg

I haven't been interested in Tavors or AUGs for some time due to the availability of non-SBR M4 pistol weapons. There has been a lack of suitable compact rifles in the 308 realm. 308 has advantages in many situations, one of them being back country travel in areas with predators. Another being certain applications for the precision sniper role. This one looks promising.
    SPECIFICATIONS:

– Model Number(s)
    – Model Number(s)T7B16, T7FD16, T7G16
    – Caliber:7.62 NATO (7.62x51mm)
    – Action:Gas Piston, Semi-auto
    – Operating System:4 position gas regulator, Closed rotating bolt, Short stroke gas piston
    – Magazine Type:LR/SR25 Pattern
    – Magazine Capacity:20 Round
    – Barrel Material:Chrome lined, Cold hammer forged, CrMoV
    – Barrel Length:16.5″
    – Overall Length:26.75″
    – Weight:9 lbs.
    – Rifling:1:12″ twist, 4 grooves, Right hand
    – Stock Type:Reinforced polymer bullpup configuration
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

That is something I'd buy.

I'll have to look into it.

That is interesting. I might be inclined now that I have another .308 platform
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

lets hope it has a better trigger than the SAR. Nothing like spending 2000 dollars for a rifle then having to shell out another 300 for a trigger that doesn't feel like a staple gun.

The bullpup that comes stock with a great trigger is rare. If they did, they'd charge a lot more. AUG, FS2000, at least some of the Tavors...all rough and spongy until they're upgraded. I'm told the MDR comes with a decent trigger, but you'll pay more for that than other rifles.

Buddy of mine has a Geissele (I believe) in his Tavor. It's as good as a very nice AR trigger...but yeah, it's another $300.

I forget the version that Hasenkamp had (it wasn't the first gen) but his stock Tavor trigger wasn't bad.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    The bullpup that comes stock with a great trigger is rare. If they did, they'd charge a lot more. AUG, FS2000, at least some of the Tavors...all rough and spongy until they're upgraded. I'm told the MDR comes with a decent trigger, but you'll pay more for that than other rifles.

Buddy of mine has a Geissele (I believe) in his Tavor. It's as good as a very nice AR trigger...but yeah, it's another $300.

I forget the version that Hasenkamp had (it wasn't the first gen) but his stock Tavor trigger wasn't bad.
    I have the shooting sight two stage and it's awesome.

Those are sweet, I'd sure like to have one.

Interesting as a woods gun. I've carried an AUG on a few hikes, and liked the way the bullpup carried. I've also carried a SCAR 17 in bear country. I would be much more apt to carry the shorter gun. The SCAR isn't a long gun, but it's longer by enough to matter. And folding the stock, doubling its girth, isn't an ideal solution. A typical squishy bullpup trigger doesn't really matter for a bear-defense gun. You won't be taking 500m shots.

I can definitely see a role for that gun.
    Virtute et Armis

Gonna come in at about 12 pounds with a loaded 20 round magazine, optic, mount and sling. I'm interested in how it would do with a longer tube and the right glass in, say, 6.5 Creedmoor.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 12. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Have the trigger pack and their trigger bow in my Tavor... and it is awesome. Used a MidwayUSA coupon to offset some of the cost, but was still pricey.

Iím usually not someone who worries about a trigger, but it was night/day going from stock to it.

I like what I saw with the .308 Tavor, but not something that is in the cards at the moment.