Default Mounting Plate vs milling questions

A couple of questions that I am looking to confirm. The first thing that will go into the equation is what is the turn around time for a RMR milling on my Glock right now? The lead time issue is really a training issue for me locally. In Wis, the warmer months let me train outdoors on private property (read that I can train how I want). The winter months, I am mostly regulated to square range rules and that isn't what I want, need or enjoy. So to get use to the new dot, training how I want to train, there are some time constraints for this fall.

While the milled slide is the definitive better way to go, is there a steel aftermarket mounting plate for the MOS that will engage more threads for the mounting of the RMR that is acceptable?

I'm not worried about trying out another optic one day, I am concerned that I will have an optic failure and if it is milled tightly, it might not fit the next RMR that is the replacement. My perception is that the steel mounting plate would be easier to change out than the re-mill job.

The better question might be, once milled, is changing from one RMR to another one an issue with the SI milled process?
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” Jeff Cooper

You are worried about nothing. Mounting plates suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    once milled, is changing from one RMR to another one an issue with the SI milled process?
    The MOS is pure crap. Once milled any RMR will fit perfectly so that's a nonissue.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

The winter months, I am mostly regulated to square range rules and that isn't what I want, need or enjoy. So to get use to the new dot, training how I want to train, there are some time constraints for this fall.
    Live fire training is certainly necessary but honestly the best bang for your buck will be dry practice at home. Spend the winter driving the gun towards a target and training your eyes to pick up the dot. Practice the pistol kata at home, take care of live fire stuff at the range.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

Thanks for the quick response everyone. Anyone have ideas on Turn around time right now for Milling a G5 G19?
    “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” Jeff Cooper

Thanks for the quick response everyone. Anyone have ideas on Turn around time right now for Milling a G5 G19?
    Just check the site or call the shop.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Three weeks give or take.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thanks again everyone.

Cost me "double", but I avoided the wait by taking advantage of the last stripped slide sale...and got a better slide than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsavik View Post
    Cost me "double", but I avoided the wait by taking advantage of the last stripped slide sale...and got a better slide than stock.
    This is the easy button, and you will still have
    your oem slide.

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.