Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Use the enemy's weapons against him. Anything he has on his belt is yours to use.

And don't be squeamish. Eyes, ears, corner of the mouth, nose, neck.

You have claws and teeth. Use them.

Go full werewolf. Just not in training.
    Indeed.

C8BA3BDE-1779-4F7C-87A9-4BE51058C575.jpg
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

That is a great perspective on not going to ground when fighting. As Gabe says, "only bad things happen after midnight," a corollary to that would be only bad things happen when the fight goes to ground. I am a striker, in college I had to wrestle for intramurals one year and had to take a wrestling class also.....hated it. I also took a boxing class and did intramural boxing.....loved it. I ended up doing some striking martial arts after that. I need PGF. Brent I hope you get a few PGF classes together, perhaps one in AZ. I am very interested in the topic.
    Don M.
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

It is often said, especially by BJJ folks, that all fights end up on the ground. I think it is more accurate to say a great deal of fights end up in a clinch. I would think a mastery of Greco or Judo would serve one far better than assuming you are bound for the ground. I wish I had stuck with Judo longer when I was younger and wish I had even had the chance to study Greco.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptShack View Post
    I need PGF. Brent I hope you get a few PGF classes together, perhaps one in AZ. I am very interested in the topic.
    I would love to do a PGF class in AZ with Gabe and Greg. We will do one when we find a good venue for it.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

Fantastic write up!

Great post! In a decade of working night club security I can attest to similar stories. I’ve seen and known guys who were martial artists who thought they were badass get knocked the fuck out by guys that were good streetfighters. I myself have been in 100s of street fights and indeed the biggest oh shit times were when I went to the ground. The few times it happened I slipped or tripped. Never did I ever want to purposely take the fight to the ground.

Interesting video on grappling.I think most here will agree with his perspective.
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 09-09-2019 at 10:15 AM.

The second fight was a classic example of getting into someone`sloop and changing the fight instantly.

The take-down seems to be a technique the attacker used often,feeling confident in his ability to execute it well and it`s effect on the victim, allowing him to continue his assault uninterrupted after executing the throw-completing the ritual.

The moment the storyteller landed the knee, he flipped the script even before before he started using his thumb to attack the eye and biting.

Also by going after his attacker aggressively he managed to back the other 5 guys up. This is one of the main excuses I hear people utter when deciding not to resist during an home invasion:"What can I do against 4 attackers?"

I believe that if you go on the attack aggressively against multiple attackers you have 2 things going for you from the outset-Please correct me if I am wrong Tribe. These assumptions is based on studying home invasions without being in a real fight myself.

Surprise, they are not expecting you to go on the offensive because they are overconfident in their ability to intimidate you with their numbers and secondly because of this overconfidence they are placed on the back foot by your sudden aggression,expecting you to cower instead.

USSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR