Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by droggsey View Post
    Has anyone found an actual g34 length IWB holster? The open bottom ones work ok for daily carry, but not so good at the range. I had to run OWB for my CRG2 class. Mutiple mags through a comped gun and an open bottom AIWB holster are not a good mix.

Sent from the Command Center
    My favorite holster was the SI Archangel version 4. Sadly it's no longer made.

Edited to add: I generally prefer open bottom holsters. They give you the flexibility to carry something with a longer slide, barrel, comp, etc. However, I do think it's ideal that the holster is as long as the gun. It has never been an issue for me, and I think I probably do more dynamic movement (including weird positions on the ground) than the average bear. But there's the possibility that your body can push a gun out of the holster if the body of the holster doesn't cover the full length of the slide/comp. Like I said, it's never happened to me, but...

I have a holster customized for a particular laser. I'm going to add a comp to that gun and that will necessitate opening up the bottom of the holster, and the comp will stick out some. Not ideal but is what it is.

I don't know anything about this one other than what I can see online. It looks decent though.

https://darkstargear.com/product/g34-aiwbiwb/
    Last edited by Brent Yamamoto; 09-06-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

Holsters are like underwear and women. Everyone wants their own special kind and I could not possibly address all the likes and wants of everyone. Couple that with the fact that kydex is the new "nail salon" profession for males (and every swinging johnson is getting into it and selling their sh*t for peanuts), I elected to step out of that market last year.

What do I recommend? I don't know.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Apparently my google-foo is weak, that is the first actual full 34 length one that I have seen. My issue really wasn't a concern of the gun getting pushed out of the holster, but the temperature of the comp. I want to practice live fire with my carry holster, but after a couple of mags I guarantee that you won't be holstering a comped gun in an open bottom holster carrying AIWB. Or at least for how I am carrying AIWB where the comp ends up in contact with my inner thigh when holstered.

I have a 34 length Blade Tech Nano however I noticed semi recently that they’ve really cut back offerings on that model. But you could google around and see if anyone has one in stock.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

I wonder if a holster for a G17L with an RMR will fit a G17 with a street comp.
    "I have many people, but few men."
    -Xerxes, King of Persia, at the battle of Thermopylae

"Charity has got everything to do with giving and absolutely nothing to do with taking."

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Trench

Quote Originally Posted by Trench View Post
    I wonder if a holster for a G17L with an RMR will fit a G17 with a street comp.
    A point worth searching.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

2019 Classes:

CRG-3 Advanced Gunfighting, November 2-3 2019, Mapleton, OR

From Murphy: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GOTFX!!)

The Glock 17 with street comp will fit in a blade tech glock 34 holster, needs alittle modification at the bottom of the holster but it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Demosthenes View Post
    A point worth searching.
    I can take a hint.

A holster for a G17L will fit a G17 with a Street Comp with a half inch to spare. (Or, the ruler on my Leatherman is wildly off.)

I may have found an AIWB holster for a G17L that will accommodate an RMR and suppressor sights. Is anyone familiar with TR Holsters?

trholsters.com/glock-17l-iwb-kydex-holster/
    "I have many people, but few men."
    -Xerxes, King of Persia, at the battle of Thermopylae

"Charity has got everything to do with giving and absolutely nothing to do with taking."

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Trench

Keepers concealment makes a very good aiwb holster for the 34. I carried in one off duty for several years. It shouldn't need modifying for a street comp 17.

Been mentioned in one iteration before, but the currently-sold Archangel holster, made by Dale Fricke, is great. I have the "2" version, which has a tuckable plate. Excellently simple holster that does what it is supposed to, without too many bells and whistles.