Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel View Post
    And if I had to guess Greg you were more concerned with the state of your Blade than the holes in your clothes.

Cheers
    Elfie
    Oh hell no, I had some expensive shirts in there.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

My folder sits at the bottom of my pocket. The clip has long since broken off. The knife is beat to hell to the point Hasher commented on it when I was at his place helping him with something lol. I am not worried about trying to speed draw it. If I need to stab a fool with it than it would be a proactive thing. And also a situation where I don't have a gun or gang unit on my belt.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I carry tip down
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

Tip down, because that's what I've done since I was a kid, and it's become natural now to grab at the pivot, pull the whole thing out of my pocket, and rotate the grip into place with my thumb on the spidey-hole (Spyderco PM2 in my pocket). Don't wanna change my muscle memory, at this point.

Larger knife like Spyderco Military, tip down (which is your only choice) but also on an Endura. Medium to smaller knives, tip up

I’ll only carry a folder if it’s outfitted with a wave, so tip up is the only option for me. I prefer blade backward so it draws into a forward grip. If for some reason I can’t have a waved folder in my right front pocket, I’ll put a slotted Heretic there, the same way Brent does. I experimented with my Police 4 in tip down carry, and such a big folder does lend itself well to the Spyder Drop method of opening if that’s your thing.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Tip down.
    Easier to acquire and open discretely.

Tip up or down has to be part of a bigger picture. What sort of knife, carried where on your person for what purpose? How do you draw it? How do you put it back? Like so many other seemingly simple questions, the answer is a big fat "it depends..."

My preference is tip down off side carry. That said, I have probably acquired 2 drawers of folders and it really doesn't make much difference to me. I like flippers with ball bearing actions

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Whatever makes the “wave” work best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk