Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exercises for Seniors

A friend pointed out this YouTube site on Facebook today. It looks like a good starting place for seniors.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4...xVVXcpQ/videos

Wanna be a bad ass senior? Never sucuum to society's expectation of people your age. Refuse it. Take whatever dope you need, stop eating comfort bullshit food and drinking excessively. Go lift heavy everyday, eat meat and fat, chase younger women. Aging gracefully is not for warriors. Then the word "senior" will simply not apply to you.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

There is no senior discount in a fight.

So I looked at the link. And I found the #1 enemy of all warriors, young and old:

chair.jpg

Get off it and chase something.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 12. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Wanna be a bad ass senior? Never sucuum to society's expectation of people your age. Refuse it. Take whatever dope you need, stop eating comfort bullshit food and drinking excessively. Go lift heavy everyday, eat meat and fat, chase younger women. Aging gracefully is not for warriors. Then the word "senior" will simply not apply to you.
    YES, SO TRUE!

Society nowadays wants people, most especially Men, to be timid, effeminate, and scared Bich-Boys who depend on Big Brother Government for everything from protection to food.
    "Don't Try This At Home" is one of their favorite slogans to keep the lemmings scared of doing things for themselves. Gabes advice is Spot On.
    The VERY LAST thing society wants is a truly fit and healthy populace, because such people are individuals who can defend themselves and who refuse to be manipulated and dependant on others.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
    A friend pointed out this YouTube site on Facebook today. It looks like a good starting place for seniors.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4...xVVXcpQ/videos
    There's a retiree that goes to my gym.

Well, he goes to the gym May through about November.

Last time I saw him (a couple weeks ago) he was doing squats at about 315. For reps. As in somewhere between 10 and 20 (I wasn't counting).

Then he went over to the leg press machine and was doing 360 or so, again for reps.

Sometime in November, depending on the snowfall, he'll disappear up into the mountains to go skiiing, and for 5 months *that* is his exercise.

Then the slopes close, he takes a couple weeks off, and rinse, lather, repeat.

Several years ago out in Redwood City CA I would see this guy--in his mid 80s--doing squats in this shitty little weight room at the Y there.

He was putting 5 pound plates under his heels because his ankles weren't as flexible as they used to be. Wasn't pushing a lot of weight, but he was pushing it.

https://www.ibtimes.com/muscle-build...-finds-2820140
    https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2017...l&utm_medium=3

If you're "senior" and want to start exercising, the best place is at the right hand side of the dumbbells, and every week move a step right.

Eat right https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...?noredirect=on

Get plenty of sleep.

Move.

The chair pictured above is the first thing you should grab to bash in your attackers skull!

geezer john

Had a patient contact the other day for some minor issue. He's 85 years old.

"Sir, do you have any medical conditions I should know about? Cardiac, diabetes, respiratory, anything like that?"

"Nope."

"Uhhm, ok, so what meds are you on?"

"Well, I'm not on any meds."

"Uhmm, ok. So you did tell me you were 85, right?" Because dude looks at least ten or fifteen years younger.

"Yup, that's right."

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking...?"

"Yeah. Well, the thing is, I work out for two or three hours a day. Every day. Been doing that since I was in my twenties."

"Oh."

0703191304~2.jpg

59 years old - just over 10% bodyfat - photo by Shield Maiden right after a lifting session. There are things you cannot control...but those that you can, you should.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I texted my dad yesterday that since I began lifting back in February, my overall measurements haven't changed, but my proportions have. Abs are a bit more developed, chest getting stronger, lower back, butt, and legs building--and now it's easier to conceal my pistol. I carry a full-size pistol under even a t-shirt and conceal it, because my body rotates it.

Gabe, being that muscular at your age is my goal, and your writing on here helped drive me to it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    0703191304~2.jpg

59 years old - just over 10% bodyfat - photo by Shield Maiden right after a lifting session. There are things you cannot control...but those that you can, you should.
    Feo, fuerte y formal.

And not a chair in sight.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 12. And a wakeup.