Default What a Tweet Tells Us About US Spy Satellites

I thought this would be interesting for the Tribe. While the chances of us ever going against a Nation State are so small its basically zero its still an interesting thing to consider and see an example of how far the technology has come.

It also reminded me of this quote from the movie Enemy of the State.

Lyle: It's more than a theory with me. I'm a former conspirer. I used to work for the NSA. I was a communication analyst. Listen to international calls, calls from foreign nationalists. That GPS tracking device we found in your cellular telephone? I designed one of the first models in that series. Fort Meade has 18 acres of mainframe computers underground. You're talking on the phone and you use the word, "bomb," "president," "Allah," any of a hundred keywords, the computer recognizes it, automatically records it, red flags it for analysis; that was twenty years ago. You know the Hubble Telescope that looks up to the stars? They've got over a hundred spy satellites looking down at us. That's classified. In the old days, we actually had to tap a wire into your phone line. Now calls bouncin' around on satellite, they snatch right out of the air.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I thought this would be interesting for the Tribe. While the chances of us ever going against a Nation State are so small its basically zero
    There's an old(ish) saying that "You may not be interested in politics, but politics is interested in you".

The chances of "us" or "one of us" ever going against the Nation State is pretty small, but the FBI came >< that close to a coup against a duly elected president.

its still an interesting thing to consider and see an example of how far the technology has come.
    A big part of the problem (for them), with this kind of satellite is you have to know where to aim the satellite and what to look for. This is expensive, and there's LOTS of taskings. DAMHIK.

The NRO has placed them in what they *think* will be the most useful orbits, and yeah, they can change the orbits, but that is REALLY expensive.

The bigger threat isn't the government sats, but the commercial sats--there's more of them looking at more stuff.

Either way your best bet is not getting their attention.

The capability to read "titleist" on a golf ball from high altitude was a capability in the late 80's. Imagine how far we have come since then.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time