Default Thoughts on the Sig Copperhead

What is the consensus on the Sig Copperhead? I haven't seen one in real life, only what's on the Web, but it looks cool. We all know that SI gets to the heart of the matter and whether the machine works or does not work. That's why I come here first.

What does it do that my Glock PDW doesn't? Nothing that I can see, but I'd rather ask the team that focuses on PDW's.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mrstang01 View Post
    What is the consensus on the Sig Copperhead? I haven't seen one in real life, only what's on the Web, but it looks cool. We all know that SI gets to the heart of the matter and whether the machine works or does not work. That's why I come here first. For the function, money and availability we found the CZ Scorpion EVO won out. I think I even wrote an evaluation on it.

What does it do that my Glock PDW doesn't? Nothing that I can see, but I'd rather ask the team that focuses on PDW's.
    This has been discussed in a few different threads. I'd just do a search

Michael
    I'll do some digging.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Before the usual SIG haters that inevitably infect a thread like this try to enlighten us about how much they think Sig sucks, I will say I like the SIG PDW series. I think its better than the Evo and all the AR 9mm things out there. It will not take center stage in the PDW market because it costs as much as an MP5 clone and the gun market right now is all about getting cheap junk to shoot shit ammo through it...and the SIG is certainly NOT for that.

Me...I will probably get one of these in some form.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I wrote a comparison piece a while back that I can't find that compares the Sig MPX, Evo, SI PDW, and others but I'll be damned that if can find it. To answer your OP, there are some instances where and SMG style platform holds some advantages over the PDW and vice versa. All tools are niche so you need to define what you want it for first. http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...thing-is-Niche
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

The package is amazingly small. It fits in the center console of my truck which is where it lives with a. 20 rounder inserted. It fits in a very small bag.

The trigger is a little rough but there are great after market triggers. I added a Timmney.

The mags are not cheap but made by lancer and high quality.

It's very accurate.

There is no expansion option for lights etc but that would just defeat the whole object of the gun.

You have to clean the gas system every 1K rounds but it's not that hard. My high volume PCC training is with my Scorpion.

I just wish it was black.
    Last edited by TwoBodyOneHead; 08-30-2019 at 11:20 AM.

I tried the Evo and MPX and went with the MPX. Greg is right - for a lot of reasons you can't go wrong with the EVO. This Sig is more expensive (especially the mags), but I liked it so much better. I went with the 8" MPX (with collapsible arm brace) and put a 4.5" ILWT tri-lug barrel on which resides my AAC Ti-Rant under the handguard. The Timney trigger is a great upgrade. It is a very compact, accurate, reliable, and quiet package. Not a cheap set up, but quality never is.
    It's not rocket surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I wrote a comparison piece a while back that I can't find that compares the Sig MPX, Evo, SI PDW, and others but I'll be damned that if can find it. To answer your OP, there are some instances where and SMG style platform holds some advantages over the PDW and vice versa. All tools are niche so you need to define what you want it for first. http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...thing-is-Niche
    I've read and re-read that thread Greg, trying to get my head wrapped around it, and I like it. A very good way to break things down.