Default Broken Vessel In Left Hand While Lifting Weights

BRUISE.jpg While lifting weights tonight I felt a sensation of thickness suddenly at the base of the middle finger of my left hand. When I looked there was a bruise there, as if a vessel had broke. No pain at all, just an extreme sensation of fullness and the discoloration. The discoloration is noticeable but mild and there has not been any increase.
    Is this something to be concerned with or should I have it checked?
    That I can recall, it has never happened before.
    Last edited by Medvetz63; 08-29-2019 at 04:31 PM.

I've done it many times, never had any issues from them.

Had the same thing happen yesterday on the top side of my ring finger. Today it's back to normal.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

I have seen someones hand badly swell after a punching session against a non-padded board that had almost no spring back to it. It was similar to a real bad hornet sting to the back of the hand.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I have seen someones hand badly swell after a punching session against a non-padded board that had almost no spring back to it. It was similar to a real bad hornet sting to the back of the hand.
    I've had it happen to me frequently, though usually accompanied by some localized pain. Usually goes away in a day or so. Actually had it happen to me in the center of my support hand palm in one of Greg Nichols' CRG pistol classes, after something like the millionth reload. Damn my soft, girly hands. I just slapped a bandage pad on it, wrapped that hand in gauze and medical tape and kept going, but I'm glad it happened on Day 2 and not Day 1.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

I just have man hands, its easier than dealing with buttery soft paws.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Used to happen to me a lot when i was in my Arnis/Escrima days - the vibration of the stick impacts repeatedly triggered this type of response. Ice seemed to help more than anything for me. Back off on aspirin products to minimize the subcutaneous bleeding if this happens a lot. YMMV.

geezer john

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Used to happen to me a lot when i was in my Arnis/Escrima days - the vibration of the stick impacts repeatedly triggered this type of response. Ice seemed to help more than anything for me. Back off on aspirin products to minimize the subcutaneous bleeding if this happens a lot. YMMV.

geezer john
    It's much better today.
    I had taken some aspirin the other day for a bad headache and I wondered if it might have been the cause. I took two pills and five hours later I took two more for a total of four.