Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    THIRD COAST
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Magtec 9 FMJ ammo in the US costs about 18 cents/rd on the internet now and is made in Brazil. Their 40 cal ammo is $0.26/rd
    Strange for sure.
    Nothing strange about it. Itís their governmentís idea of gun control.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

    The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

    Red Dot Combat Pistol School Orange TX March 6-8, 2020

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Glad they're finally getting good gear. I've worked with one of their most decorated officers. At last count he'd been in 21 gunfights; the majority recorded on video. He said their Taurus handguns were dismal and he got a lot of practice in immediate action while getting shot at. Ammo also costs the good guys about $5 per ROUND and they're only issued 50 rds a year.
    What model taurus? The beretta knockoff?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    THIRD COAST
    Posts
    4,573
    I don't believe so. I think it was the 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    What model taurus? The beretta knockoff?
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

    The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

    Red Dot Combat Pistol School Orange TX March 6-8, 2020

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    I don't believe so. I think it was the 24/7.
    Thanks, even though after asking, I'm not sure it matters. Taurus seems to be a crap shoot in general.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,179
    The Taurus PT 92 that I purchased in 1986 has served me very well...I own several Taurus revolvers 65, 66, 85 and 94. The timing is off on the Model 66 and I should return it to Taurus for warranty repair. I have completed many firearms training courses with the Taurus 92 without any issues what so ever. The Model 66 was the first gun I purchased a long time ago and still have it. An economical option for those so inclined and if you can afford more expensive armaments, so much the better, but my Taurus' have given comfort to me and my family for years.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

  6. #16
    I wonder if Glock didn't take all those USA police trade in Glocks in .40, recondition them adding thumb safeties and sold them to Brazil?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I wonder if Glock didn't take all those USA police trade in Glocks in .40, recondition them adding thumb safeties and sold them to Brazil?
    Picture shows No finger grooves, Flared Magwell, and front cutout in Magwell. These are all Gen 5 features.....

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    THIRD COAST
    Posts
    4,573
    The PT 92/99 AF's are good pistols. The 24/7 on the other hand isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Biggs View Post
    The Taurus PT 92 that I purchased in 1986 has served me very well...I own several Taurus revolvers 65, 66, 85 and 94. The timing is off on the Model 66 and I should return it to Taurus for warranty repair. I have completed many firearms training courses with the Taurus 92 without any issues what so ever. The Model 66 was the first gun I purchased a long time ago and still have it. An economical option for those so inclined and if you can afford more expensive armaments, so much the better, but my Taurus' have given comfort to me and my family for years.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

    The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

    Red Dot Combat Pistol School Orange TX March 6-8, 2020

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Biggs View Post
    The Taurus PT 92 that I purchased in 1986 has served me very well...I own several Taurus revolvers 65, 66, 85 and 94. The timing is off on the Model 66 and I should return it to Taurus for warranty repair. I have completed many firearms training courses with the Taurus 92 without any issues what so ever. The Model 66 was the first gun I purchased a long time ago and still have it. An economical option for those so inclined and if you can afford more expensive armaments, so much the better, but my Taurus' have given comfort to me and my family for years.
    I have a Taurus 65 I got in a trade for some work I did. Brand new, and I had to send it in for repair. The hole in the front of the frame was not tapped straight, giving the barrel an up hill slope. Took them three and a half months to ship me a new one, which seems okay. All things being equal, I'd rather have a security six.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •