Default Glock 26 Gen 5 - Photo and a Question

I got my SI-26 slide and installed it on my Glock 26 Gen 5, along with a Gen 5 Faceshooter trigger and factory 3.5# disconnector. Barrel and recoil assembly remain factory.

IMG_5495.jpg

It looks good and I'm happy to report that it shoots very similarly to my Glock 19 Gen 4 - I don't feel like it's giving up much.

Two questions that I have to figure out, and I'd appreciate input:

1) The SI-26 slide will only install if I depress the firing pin block and slide the firing pin forward. My Glock 19 Gen 4 doesn't require this (also with a Suarez slide), nor does the factory Glock 26 Gen 5 slide. Is this meaningful?

2) The slide has just over 200 rounds on it. I was frequently getting malfunctions - some sort of failure to extract or double feed, I'm not certain what the right term is. I had to forcibly remove the magazine to clear the malfunction. Normally, I'd just keep shooting to "wear it in," but ammo is currently scarce. Where should my troubleshooting begin?

Thanks,
    Adam

there is a purpose for this yes, party on us, partly on Glock. Our goal is to always maintain safety, and while we cannot maintain our tolerances to Glock and every one of the who knows how many aftermarket parts providers out there, the market's reached a point where we can't simply tell people only use OEM parts and ours, regardless of our knowledge of issues caused by certain components from other companies. As Gabe says, "you don't know what you don't know." Since Glock has introduced its factory to the US, many companies, to include SI, have taken note to increased differences in tolerance, in regards to how tight of a fit-up there is between the two major components, being the slide and frame. This in turn drags out the distance in relation of engagement between the trigger bar and safety plunger, and striker and cruciform (trigger bar). This in turn leads to a longer trigger pull, caused by decreased engagement between the trigger bar and safety tab as a longer pull is required to engage the plunger fully and decreased contact between the cruciform and striker, while on the surface serves to shorten the lengthened pull, decreasing the amount of engagement between the trigger bar's cruciform and striker decreases the ability of the pistol being drop-safe.
    Getting back to the safety plunger, our measurements for the safety plunger from is is changed slightly to increase contact between frame and slide on the frame on the worst of those coming out of the factory to ensure that contact can still be made, to ensure compatibility.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Thanks for the education.

I noticed some wear on the ramped feature at the top of the trigger housing, which I think is caused by rubbing against the non-gen-5 safety plunger (you can feel some interaction when cycling the slide by hand). So I swapped the slide onto a G26 Gen 4 lower. I can no longer feel any rubbing at the end of the slide motion. I still need to depress the safety plunger to replace the slide on the frame.

Assuming it works the way I want it to in live fire, I think I'll keep the RMR slide on the Gen 4 frame...it's prettier this way.

IMG_5579.jpg

Adam