Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BREAKING: GLOCK Wins Brazilian Contract For Thousands Of Pistols

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...lian-contract/

As the title says, and some nice to read trivia in the link. But what really has my attention is the photo:

E57751EC-1794-49CC-AD9F-BDB66C1C2B73-660x498.jpeg

It's a 2-pin .40S&W, with an ambi-manual safety.

Anyone know what Glock has done to address the pressure issues that made them go 3-pin way back when? And is the ambi-safety planned to appear in the SI options?

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

I think the gen 4 recoil system that helps mitigate the slide beating up the frame might be a factor that allowed them to go back to a 2 pin.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...lian-contract/

It's a 2-pin .40S&W, with an ambi-manual safety.

Anyone know what Glock has done to address the pressure issues that made them go 3-pin way back when? And is the ambi-safety planned to appear in the SI options?
    The base plates are different in the front of the mags and it also has a lanyard ring. Interesting.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

1. Looks like Glock gets to recoup its investment in the US military pistol trials.

2. They're finally building the pistol that I wanted 30 years ago and no longer want or need.

3. Do Brazilian military police carry chamber loaded, on safe?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 12. And a wakeup.

How many's a Brazilian?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    How many's a Brazilian?
    Enough for a smooooooth transition?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

If I were a Glock salesman, armorer, or instructor I'd much rather spend my time in Brazil than in the American cities that are their normal customers. Much, much better scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    The base plates are different in the front of the mags and it also has a lanyard ring. Interesting.
    The extended base plate along with the cutout in the front portion of the magwell showed up as a feature in the Gen 5's initially, but the cutout seems to have been dropped now.

My Gen 5 G17 has the front of magwell cutout, yet current pictures on Glock website no longer show the cutout.

The cutout and extended base plate are useful when stripping the magazine from the pistol, especially when it is under tension (think Type 3). The new Flare in the bottom of the magwell makes it harder to get a good grip on the "sides" of the magazine for stripping, when compared with prior generations...

Glad they're finally getting good gear. I've worked with one of their most decorated officers. At last count he'd been in 21 gunfights; the majority recorded on video. He said their Taurus handguns were dismal and he got a lot of practice in immediate action while getting shot at. Ammo also costs the good guys about $5 per ROUND and they're only issued 50 rds a year.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Glad they're finally getting good gear. I've worked with one of their most decorated officers. At last count he'd been in 21 gunfights; the majority recorded on video. He said their Taurus handguns were dismal and he got a lot of practice in immediate action while getting shot at. Ammo also costs the good guys about $5 per ROUND and they're only issued 50 rds a year.
    Magtec 9 FMJ ammo in the US costs about 18 cents/rd on the internet now and is made in Brazil. Their 40 cal ammo is $0.26/rd
    Strange for sure.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez