Default How to Fight Like Bill Wallace

The Karate Nerd has a good clip featuring an interview with Bill Wallace where he explains how he fought and the reasons behind them.

I knew the history but I have never seen the techniques explained and demonstrated in such detail before, as well as it being a thoroughly enjoyable discussion.

If you go to Youtbe and type in, Karate Nerd interview with Bill Wallace it pops right up at the top of the list.

It also cleared up a few details for me and I now understand why being completely sideways does not work for me and why it might be harder for somebody with slightly less mobility to make fighting Side On work. And why I need to face my attacker at a 45% angle.

First of all, even moving slightly forwards and backwards allows him to control the distance he wants to fight at. If I fight from a complete Side Stance-Right Arm Forward the attacker only has to move a bit more to my right and I can no longer touch him with my Blade. And by only circling a couple of inches more he can easily take my back.

Also at this angle I cannot use my Dagger/Second Blade to attack him if he isolates my Sword/Main Blade by slapping down on my hand or trapping it, taking my only available weapon out of the fight.

Which brings us to the point of needing to pivot and reach with the Rear Leg if you if you want to bring the Rear Weapon into the fight. And because I cannot create that reach I need to turn slightly to bring the Rear Blade/Dagger into the fight.

Lastly if I keep my Lead Arm down I expose my High and Middle Line at the same time unable to lean back to protect my High Line, I open myself up completely making my job that much harder. And I make it that much easier for the attacker to trap my arm by already having my Blade below my Center Line.

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

Imbedded:

Thanks Gun Mutt

Cheers
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR