Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Tull View Post
    As an aside, the expert witness for the prosecution was Dr. Roy Bedard, a former police officer. I looked him up, and his website features a series of articles he wrote for PoliceOne that advocate aiming for the legs when being charged by a bad guy with a contact weapon. That way, he says, the officer is less likely to kill the bad guy. And this man trains police departments...
    He is not an MD and has those BullS__t graduate degrees that so many managers and consultants have. There are a lot of incompetent experts out there that consult and give expert witness testimony in antigun legal issues. One of the ranges I belong had a big fight with the pro-real estate board of county commissioners that we were leasing the land from. It was an old clay pit that years ago they seized from an elderly blackman for failure to pay taxes so there were all sorts of issues. The expert was there about safety issues and got off on the direction of sun raise and sun set which was not really a relevant issue.
    EDUCATION

Dr. Bedard has a bachelor's degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice from Florida State University. He has a master's degree and doctoral degree from the Florida State University in Educational Psychology with a focus on decision-making, perpetual-cognitive skills and human performance under stress.
    http://www.roybedard.com/
    I wonder if the skinny white guy had the means to hire his own experts and top level legal defense that the outcome would have been different. I still think he was guilty, but high price lawyers get the big bucks for outcomes favorable to the defense. I wonder how Drejka managed to pay for his legal defense. Another reason to avoid questionable shootings, that is shootings that will go to court, are the legal fees.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

With a PhD in decision making, I'm surprised he doesn't write articles recommending shooting the contact weapon out the assailant's hand.

Morning Tribe

If I may I would like to focus a moment on the people that firstly purposefully challenge the concept of Wheelchair Parking and secondly the people that feel it is their duty to educate the general public why it is wrong to use these spots.

For some reason that I don`t understand normally reasonable people take an extreme emotional stance when it comes to Wheelchair Parking which is not based on logic, very similar to Gun Control.

I have had people actually confront and verbally attack me as I approach the car, not having uttered a word/reacted in any way to them being in the space-"I am busy, I am working and don`t have time to drive around in the lot looking for a empty space and why can`t I use it the shop it is right there/I was only gone for a couple of minutes, you just caught me.

They miss the point completely which is that not all wheelchair users go around thinking that it is their duty to defend/debate the need for such spaces, but that it is simply the right thing for them to do. That it is not about a parking space but instead that you require of yourself to try and do the right thing at all times, act like a man not an asshole.

They on the other hand have decided that this issue is their Line in the Sand and they are going to defend their point of view to the "death", unwilling to budge. Based on their own logic/"right arguments"and nothing that anybody can say will change their minds.

Which is very similar to the stance of people that have decided that it is their duty to re-educate the public. And confusingly to me in many cases don`t have a physical challenge themselves, don`t have a family member or even a friend with such a challenge but have attached themselves to the cause, getting worked up emotionally about something that is really of no concern to them by confronting people verbally. Believing that they will embarrass/guilt people into change and that the person will be cured and will never do it again.

Instead you end up with two individuals who find themselves in a spot neither should have being in and being lead by their emotions that have the potential to turn the situation into a violent/deadly one.

Whereas the right thing to do would simply be to make the mature decision to not park there yourself and to be smart enough to stay out of confrontations when you don`t have a dog in the fight.

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The other thing I will say here, and undoubtedly unpopular with the snakeflaggers, is this. People are getting increasingly stupid, medicated, and largely have grown into pseudo adulthood without ever having their asses kicked in school for rudeness (thanks to the zero tolerance of schoolyard fighting). Add to this the ability for Billy Boogereater to buy a piece of crap cheap pistol, and the room temp IQ necessary to pass a CCW test, and what do you end up with?

Shit like this.

Bold for emphasis.

There are consequences to violence.

Sometimes it's necessary somethings it's not. Exposure to violence helps you sort that out so you don't end up like Drejka...

Good.

Florida man found guilty in parking lot shooting of unarmed black man
    Classic "Florida Man" headline, they just left out the part about him being white.

An interesting article by a talking head defense lawyer.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...-of-existence/
    "Public employee unions are an inherently seditious construct"
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

Quote Originally Posted by kabar View Post
    An interesting article by a talking head defense lawyer.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...-of-existence/
    Good info - thanks. One more reason that if you do wind up in a trial, select your attorney properly.
    Armed Puritan

Convicted Clearwater parking lot shooter Michael Drejka files motion for new trial, attorney says

Posted: 6:12 PM, Sep 06, 2019
    Updated: 5:20 PM, Sep 06, 2019 https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-attorney-says
    He can not file an actual appeal until after getting sentenced.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

He just got sentenced to 20 years

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...enced-n1064626

Good. He's a dumbass.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities