Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soldiers Should Juice Up

Soldiers Should Juice Up

Here's what you need to know...

1. The Aussies tried turning their soldiers into real-life Captain Americas through the use of steroids in the late 1990's. The press found out and made a ruckus, thus killing the idea.
    2. In 2016, a consortium on health and military performance determined that the U.S. military should explore the costs and benefits of using steroids on soldiers.
    3. Two authors, writing in the journal, "Military Medicine," actually made a pretty solid case for giving steroids to America's fighting men and women.
    4. The editorial concludes that the life and death of soldiers in dangerous situations outweighs the immediate concern about the potential side effects of steroids.
    5. There are, however, steroids available for both men and women that might be safe alternatives to conventional testosterone esters.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

It would be interesting to see what the results were if they end up doing a through study. I suspect that they would find that as long as someone wasn't trying to juice like a meathead there are a lot of benefits.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    It would be interesting to see what the results were if they end up doing a through study. I suspect that they would find that as long as someone wasn't trying to juice like a meathead there are a lot of benefits.
    This is a problem with gear. Properly used, in proper doses, with down cycles, it is amazingly effective with limited side effects. Hell I've been on steroid runs to manage my pain and inflammation, I got a ton of relief and even with a low dose big effects in my routines. I didn't get backney, roid rage, bitch tits, or shrunken testies. It was low dose oral, but it was effective, even with all my injuries.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

And....if you do Test regularly, at proper doses, it works perfectly and without ANY issues at all.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Shannon Hogan is offline Suarez International Affiliate - Salt Lake City
    I would support the program if it would help reduce the green machine grind on the soldier's body. A lot of us 'old' soldiers are dealing with payback from aggressive training not to mention combat exposure. A stronger, more durable soldier will be more effective in a combat role and hopefully will not be popping a lot pain pills later in life!
    fulminis instar "Like thunderbolts, fast as lightning."
    Hogan Clan motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Hogan View Post
    I would support the program if it would help reduce the green machine grind on the soldier's body. A lot of us 'old' soldiers are dealing with payback from aggressive training not to mention combat exposure. A stronger, more durable soldier will be more effective in a combat role and hopefully will not be popping a lot pain pills later in life!
    That's not the way 18-26 year olds work. You make them stronger and faster they go harder for longer. It's how they're wired.

A lot of the pain we feel (and most of you have it worse than me) is from the pounding our knees, ankles, and spine took. Osteoporosis is a wear and tear disease, and I don't think steroid use will *prevent* it in the kind of people you want kicking in doors and punching terrorists in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Hell I've been on steroid runs to manage my pain and inflammation, I got a ton of relief and even with a low dose big effects in my routines. I didn't get backney, roid rage, bitch tits, or shrunken testies. It was low dose oral, but it was effective, even with all my injuries.
    Were those anabolic steroids or corticosteroids?

I was talking with my eye doctor today and he said that they could give me steroid drops for the problem I had, but there could be side effects--I said "Yeah, your eye gets HUGE AND RIPPED". Turns out no, wrong kind of steroid.

I didn't bother.

Seems like a very logical program. I knew a few guys who were and they were flying by the seat of their pants with dosage and cycles. Get the docs involved and get it done right.

I’m looking for the documentary on steroids that was on Netflix. Went into detail about the impression folks had of juicing and the reality at that time ( docu is about 10 years old). Covered good and bad as well as how the media treated it “ The new Jeep is like a Mack truck on steroids !!!” Those old enough to remember still remember “ TURBO charge your workout !!!” As the tech/med was used to describe enhancing a thing.

If you were a dick before, roids MIGHT enhance it, If you weren’t a dick before, roids likely won’t . Whether you were a dick or not, Your sex life will thank you .

If I find the documentary I will post ( though something tells me I did in a previous thread )
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    I’m looking for the documentary on steroids that was on Netflix. )
    You’re thinking of Bigger, Stronger, Faster. And it does a really good job of explaining everything you said.

As for soldiers on gear, the self selected already are. Allowing it to be monitored for safety would go a long way.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle