Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    UPDATE FROM OUR FRIENDS AT BLACK ACES

Hi Gabe, Eric from Black Aces Tactical here. Just a quick note about the ATF letter. No one went to the ATF and asked permission about the folders. It was only recently that the ATF has decided to change their view on folding braces for firearm/other weapons and August 2018 we were approached. Through our attorneys, Black Aces Tactical has been working with the ATF to formulate an acceptable solution over the 12 months, and the end result is the letter stating that the customers are to configure their weapons to the 2014 approval letter.

Additionally, this is and will affect a multitude of weapons. The assistant director of the ATF has stated that all in the industry will receive equal treatment.

So there it is. Options are to

1). Add a 16" length barrel or add a breacher of 2" to your barrel - we will see about the breacher and the service at the store.
    2). Permanently secure the brace into an open position - gotta see your gunsmith or machinist for that...out of our wheel house.
    3). Change the brace to a fixed brace such as what we have for the Tac-series from SB Tactical and configured by us in the Pointman series.

And if you have ANY weapon with a folding stock, make sure it fits within the characteristics.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

M1A1 carbine: 25.75".
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 11. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Oh well.
    Gabriel Suarez

Originally Posted by Papa

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Oh well.
    I thought this was all for smooth bore weapons that normally must have 18 barrels and 26 inches or 14 inches and still have 26 inches overall length without a shoulder stock. Where are pistols and rifles fitting into this new ruling.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post

I thought this was all for smooth bore weapons that normally must have 18 barrels and 26 inches or 14 inches and still have 26 inches overall length without a shoulder stock. Where are pistols and rifles fitting into this new ruling.
    I do not know and I do not care. See the copy of the email I posted, feel free to extrapolate what you will.

Additionally, this is and will affect a multitude of weapons.
    Gabriel Suarez

Government regulators, always adding value to humanity.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

I just remember when tactics, equipment, and mind set threads got this much engagement and attention
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Damnit. And I just picked up a folding Tac14 brace from the gear store. Time to get a 16” bbl I guess...
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Try telling that to Elmer Fudd "mother may I" internet types.
    Most of them already have two black eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I doubt existing guns, particularly C&R stuff like the 'Lil Carbine will be effected. I think there is at least one company making copies of that today, they might need to deal with this with new made inventory but I really doubt anyone gives a crap about the gazillions of old M1 Carbines in gun safes and at ranges. Might as well start worrying about Broomhandles and whether or not you can run a repro stock or if it has to be original (no joke, it gets debated on geezer boards.) The fact is, no one cares.