Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pregnant Concealed Carry

Hey Guys,
    Been gone for a long time, but now I'm back and have an interesting conundrum.
    The wife is pregnant and has carried her pistol less and less due to frequent nausea, sensitivity and general discomfort. Originally she was carrying a Ruger SR9C, then she went to a LCP . 380, now she barely wants to carry that. I'm running out of ideas other than off body carry which I'm hoping we can avoid for obvious reasons.
    So, the question is: Does anyone here have personal experience with this (ladies) or have experience helping a woman find a solution for carrying?
    Things to keep in mind: pants with flimsy elastic waist band wont support anything, moving to Miami where wearing clothes that will conceal a shoulder holster would be difficult (though not impossible if any women have lightweight suggestions), and anything that suggests she just 'deal with it' will probably get me stabbed.
    Thanks for the help.
    TyGuy04

- "Good, bad, whatever. I'm the guy with the gun". -

Have you considered a Seacamp?

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy04 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Been gone for a long time, but now I'm back and have an interesting conundrum.
    The wife is pregnant and has carried her pistol less and less due to frequent nausea, sensitivity and general discomfort. Originally she was carrying a Ruger SR9C, then she went to a LCP . 380, now she barely wants to carry that. I'm running out of ideas other than off body carry which I'm hoping we can avoid for obvious reasons.
    So, the question is: Does anyone here have personal experience with this (ladies) or have experience helping a woman find a solution for carrying?
    Things to keep in mind: pants with flimsy elastic waist band wont support anything, moving to Miami where wearing clothes that will conceal a shoulder holster would be difficult (though not impossible if any women have lightweight suggestions), and anything that suggests she just 'deal with it' will probably get me stabbed.
    Given the short time she's going to be in that condition I'd go off body carry. That way she can adjust a purse to ride where she can get at it easy. She's going to be all kinds of uncomfortable, cranky and have restricted movement. Trying to carry at the waistline simply won't happen. Her ankles will probably be large enough to hide a 1911, but don't tell HER that, and besides bending/squatting to get to it won't be easy...or rather standing back up won't.

Yeah, now I just have convince her of that. She's the one woman I know who doesn't like to carry a purse.
    TyGuy04

My advice.
    If she's not the one looking for a solution you're wasting your time trying to find one for her.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

She is interested in a solution but doesn't have the community i do to go to for ideas.
    TyGuy04

For a small gun look into the flashbang holster. My wife will occasionally use one when in her workout clothes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The Ole Heifer carries with a "flashbang" holster that attaches to her bra. She started with a LCP and now does a Glock 42. Works well for her. BUT my advice would be tread lightly! Messing with a pregnant lady is a good way to wake up dead!!!!!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy04 View Post
    Yeah, now I just have convince her of that. She's the one woman I know who doesn't like to carry a purse.
    You both have to get used to carrying a purse...sorry, diaper bag now.

Well, at least one of you does.

But at some level there's that old joke about the dude on the roof during a flood that waves off all the help because "God Will Save Me", and when he gets to heaven God says "I sent a truck, a boat and a helicopter, what more did you want?"

My wife also hates carrying a purse but I was never able to get her onboard with on body carry. The solution was a dedicated clutch from gun toten’ Mamas that has a built in holster and one or two separate pockets for credit cards and a phone. It’s small enough that she doesn’t mind carrying it.

Even if if she wanted to I don’t think there would have been a way to make on body carry work the more pregnant she got...