Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default RED FLAG LAWS - MY OPINION

I think we all agree that some people should not have guns...nut in truth, they should not have the same freedom in society that the rest of us do...like driving, making financial and political decisions, etc. Sometimes it is obvious...walk into a an MVD/DMV and look at the people that are on the road with you and your kids. Amazing isn't it. I wonder if anyone has done a study on how many deaths are caused by -

a). Impaired drivers
    b). Drivers too old to drive
    c). Shitty cars that should not be on the road

I know the arguement is that the consitution does not recognize anyone's right to drive, but that is cold comfort to a father mourning the loss of his entire family because nobody denied the 85 year old blind guy on oxygen his ability to drive on the same roads.

The same issue presents itself with firearms, bit it is a far more incendiary discussion because in fact there is a national conspiracy to deny firearms to normal people. I will say that the world would be far better if I could decide who is armed and who is not, and if I could require a safety test (similar to what a driver is required to show) before a CCW is allowed to carry in the world among other people. The perfect world would have me...or someone of similar mind and perspective deciding. Sadly we know this is not going down that way. Once the door is open, the decission makers can be anyone.

That said, I think the Red Flag laws are inevitable in the end. You can vote all you wish, but at some point a compromise will be made. Examples -

1). Border Wall, or no red flags?
    2). Additional PERMANENT tax cuts, or no red flags?
    3). Abolish Obamacare...or no Red Flags?

Me...I may be tempted to select the former as those elements affect me and my objectives far more than the latter. But its not up to me...or you really.

So my view on the matter is this - DON'T KEEP ALL YOUR EGGS IN THE SAME BASKET. Buy several Pelican Cases. In each one place a Glock (use dual illuminated RMRs), five magazines, 100 rounds of ammo, an AR Pistol also with five magazines and 200 rounds of ammo. Throw in some dessicant and preservative. Place these cases in places that are not under your legal control. Think burried somewhere remote...think in a storage unit you paid for in cash and that cannot be traced to you...think entrusted to a good friend (they kind that would not only help you move bodies, but also eliminate witnesses). The number of these cases may be directly linked to your exposure to such laws.

More to discuss I suppose as the week unfolds.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The biggest problem I have with them is they don't seem to have any due process attatched to them and there aren't any penalties for people that make false claims and try to weaponize the Red Flag laws. Beyond that I don't think they are unreasonable.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I think that many have been practicing the pelican case option for many years now (hopefully).

Are pelican cases suitable for below ground burial?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Are pelican cases suitable for below ground burial?
    I hear that they are. I may add a section to the store for "Red Flag Countermeasures"

Before you buy...tell me which one you want. It may be wiser to send a money order or cash....
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

As long as FTF sales are legal and you are not, in fact, a raving loon, I don't see the need to cache anything. I'm far more wary of UBC than red flag laws.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    As long as FTF sales are legal and you are not, in fact, a raving loon, I don't see the need to cache anything. I'm far more wary of UBC than red flag laws.
    I'm slow today. UBC means what?
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Close Range Gunfighting 3, Oregon
    Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Dan Crenshaw is proposing Red Flag laws that preserve due process. He seems to be on the right track;
    https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...ebate-emotion/

Quote Originally Posted by mross View Post
    Dan Crenshaw is proposing Red Flag laws that preserve due process. He seems to be on the right track;
    https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...ebate-emotion/
    I didn't see where the article gives any actual proposal from Mr. Crenshaw on what exactly we should do. FTR I'm withholding judgment on his original comments until he says his piece, only because he'd seemed pretty squared away until this.

"But surely you don't want the mentally ill to have guns do you?" Like many things in life my answer is, "Depends on who exactly you're talking about," but I don't want some bureaucrat 1000 miles away deciding what exactly that might entail. Because once they start pushing those laws, you give 'em and inch and they'll take an entire state.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I'm slow today. UBC means what?
    It could mean
    UBC University of British Columbia Academic & Science Universities -- and more...
    UBC Uniform Building Code Governmental US Government -- and more...
    UBC Unified Buffer Cache Computing General Computing -- and more...
    UBC United Baptist Church Community Religion
    UBC Used Beverage Container Community

and lots more
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez