Default Vince Gironda’s Steak and Eggs diet: Anyone done it?

I’ve been reading about some of the old bodybuilding legends, and came across this diet advocated by Vince Gironda. Basically, you eat two large meals a day, consisting of just steak and eggs, cooked in butter, and you supplement with a few things as well. One cheat day a week. This is a diet high in calories, protein, and fat, while being quite low on carbs. It supposedly accomplishes the task of putting on muscle, while keeping one lean.

Do any of you have any experience with this diet? If so, how has it worked for you? It sounds like a pretty unorthodox way of going about things, but if it works, it works.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

I did it for something like 3 weeks if I remember correctly (I like experimenting with wacky fitness stuff). It's kind of tough, but the carb refeed day is a lot of fun. If you like steak and eggs, go for it. But you'll be sick of both by the time you're done.

I don't think there's any "magic" to it. I remember I took photos and stuff of the progress and was like "meh" by the end of it.

Any more, I just tell people who want to lose fat, add muscle, or maintain to just download the RP app and follow it. It's the easy button.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Any more, I just tell people who want to lose fat, add muscle, or maintain to just download the RP app and follow it. It's the easy button.
    RP app?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I did it for something like 3 weeks if I remember correctly (I like experimenting with wacky fitness stuff). It's kind of tough, but the carb refeed day is a lot of fun. If you like steak and eggs, go for it. But you'll be sick of both by the time you're done.

I don't think there's any "magic" to it. I remember I took photos and stuff of the progress and was like "meh" by the end of it.

You’re the one I was hoping to hear from, because I recalled you mentioning something about trying different diets. Glad to see the Gironda diet was one of them. Useful feedback.

I’d also be interested in the RP app.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by prestojo View Post
    RP app?
    Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    You’re the one I was hoping to hear from, because I recalled you mentioning something about trying different diets. Glad to see the Gironda diet was one of them. Useful feedback.

I’d also be interested in the RP app.
    It's the Renaissance Periodization app. Started seeing a lot of competitive CrossFit athletes using their nutrition plans a few years ago, and I gave it a shot starting in April.

They have templates (spreadsheets), simplified templates (more for people who aren't trying to maximize athletic performance/workouts), and the newer app.

I did a cut using the templates and went from good abs to shredded abs, then switched to the app to do a muscle gain phase. It's a lot of eating, but it's working.

Right now, it's the direction I point people who are trying to manage their nutrition more effectively to achieve specific goals.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Thanks.

Excellent, thank you.