Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glock safety and light triggers

After carrying and competing with 1911's for 30 years ,I made the switch to Glocks for several reasons.The information gotten here was a big driver .I have improved my proficiency with the Glock greatly but still shoot my 1911's just a bit better due to a trigger that just lets me make hits faster and more accurately. Does that difference matter in self defense? Maybe.My ideal gun has always been a Glock with a 1911 trigger and manual safety,dictated by the 3.5-4 pound short take up trigger.I tried the Comminolli safety with the 3.5 connector ,but the safety wasn't as ergonomic as the 1911,and once I started carrying appendix it presented problems with hand placement when drawing.And the trigger,although light,was still a Glock trigger.So my question is ,with a more ergonomic ,easier to manipulate safety ,is it possible to now create a trigger that is more 1911 like ? A trigger that you would most certainly want a manual safety to go along with.This has been my ideal pistol since I started shooting Glocks. Looking forward to the professionals points of view .Thanks in advance.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by krav51 View Post
    After carrying and competing with 1911's for 30 years ,I made the switch to Glocks for several reasons.The information gotten here was a big driver .I have improved my proficiency with the Glock greatly but still shoot my 1911's just a bit better due to a trigger that just lets me make hits faster and more accurately. Does that difference matter in self defense? Maybe.My ideal gun has always been a Glock with a 1911 trigger and manual safety,dictated by the 3.5-4 pound short take up trigger.I tried the Comminolli safety with the 3.5 connector ,but the safety wasn't as ergonomic as the 1911,and once I started carrying appendix it presented problems with hand placement when drawing.And the trigger,although light,was still a Glock trigger.So my question is ,with a more ergonomic ,easier to manipulate safety ,is it possible to now create a trigger that is more 1911 like ? A trigger that you would most certainly want a manual safety to go along with.This has been my ideal pistol since I started shooting Glocks. Looking forward to the professionals points of view .Thanks in advance.
    David
    In short. No, the mechanics and materials of the Glock trigger and the 1911 trigger are vastly different. That being said, the SI Face shooter triggers are the best on the market for quick, clean shooting. They are more crisp, have less creep and a short reset. As in all things you have to put in the reps to learn it. You may be great at driving a muscle car, but you will need to learn to drive a sports car a little differently
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 08-08-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Maybe...but I sure as hell won't do it.

The masses of people simply do not deserve a good trigger and are truly better served by a DAO pistol with something like a 7 or 8 pound trigger.

Make a 1911 trigger for a Glock and some shit-for-brains bubba will assemble it into a "stick-it-to-da-man" polymer 80 homemade abortion, stick in his fat man pants pocket and then shoot his inoperative cock off, blame you, and try to sue you for his idiocy....so, all our triggers are the same take up and movement design as the factory Glocks and we use all Glock components for the linkage (no Ghost or Zev connectors) (no lighter-than-factory springs), and have an obnoxious, hard to remove red tape advisement that it MUST be installed and tested by a gunsmith.

Such is the state of the American Gun Industry.

BTW...working with Cominolli on updates. The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'm not a professional, but my observation from your comments is that you still prefer the 1911 over the Glock. At least the trigger and thumb safety... which, of course, is infinitely more 1911 than Glock. That said, have you considered the STI 2011 platform? 1911 trigger and controls in a lightweight, doublestack 9mm. I have four of them and love them. Of course, I still have my RMR'd Glocks, too...
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Thanks for the colorful response Gabe,informative and entertaining at the same time. :)IANative,I had considered them,but ive yet to one run 100%,seems like its always a magazine problem. I'll try the new safety design when Gabe introduces it and maybe go to the 3.5 connector.

Quote Originally Posted by krav51 View Post
    IANative,I had considered them,but ive yet to one run 100%,seems like its always a magazine problem.
    Understood. FWIW, I've been running all Gen 2 mags in 3 different STI doublestacks since this time last year with zero mag issues thus far. I've heard there were some difficulties w/ the Gen 1 mags.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

krav,
    I went through my formative years on 1911's,
    as well as, Hi Powers, and made the switch to
    Glocks for carry a few years ago. I didn't try to
    make my Glocks into 1911, but the single best
    improvement I have found across the board to
    help the stock Glock is to add a flat faced trigger.

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny C! View Post
    krav,
    I went through my formative years on 1911's,
    as well as, Hi Powers, and made the switch to
    Glocks for carry a few years ago. I didn't try to
    make my Glocks into 1911, but the single best
    improvement I have found across the board to
    help the stock Glock is to add a flat faced trigger.

John
    Not sure why i haven't tried one yet,but i just ordered the face shooter trigger along with the bar .Thanks for the suggestion

Rest in peace tactical grade... you are missed

NP3 linkage face shooter with NP3 3.5 connector is my new standard. It’s the very first upgrade I make for every Glock. In fact I just ordered for my new 43. Butter smooth. Put reps on that and be a happy man.