Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mine in bold

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    I agree absolutely with Gabe's analogy of tourniquets being like firearms in that they fall into different classes based on the a fore mentioned characteristics of size, weight, effectiveness, and application.

For alot of guys its all or nothing. Either they wear a full set of plates with a 300 BO rifle...or its a Ruger LCP in the pocket. Same with any other facet of gear. Reality tells us, as you know...that if we are to live normal lives among regular society, we have to compromise on some pieces of gear. I was at a social meeting earlier this week and the attire allowed only certain sized items. You gotta check the boxes...even if not with the most desirable kit.

Don't miss understand my previous comments on the RAT Tourniquet, in that I'm saying not to use it, that is certainty not the case. My personal evaluations on it was that I was unable to FULLY suppress a distal pulse (making it undetectable with a Dopler) when applied to my upper leg, granted I typically don't skip leg day so mileage may vary. I do suspect that if the device were another 12" longer allowing an additional circumferential wrap that it would likely have worked.

Funny that you mention this. The guys at RAT reached out and sent a sample. It was longer than the Gen 1 units. If I was buying a TQ for personal use (and we can buy one to try for about $20), I would buy one and work with it...not only applying it but carrying it in as many types of uniforms-of-the-day as possible to find the one that works best.

The single biggest failure I see in tourniquet effectiveness regardless of type is SUB-OPTIMAL APPLICATION DUE TO UNFAMILIARITY WITH THE DEVICES AND THE ANATOMY........

Yup...lots of "buy and stash" in the gun world...and LE world.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thanks for the update Gabe. I just ordered a Gen II from you and will test it out.
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

I carry a CAT and an IFAK in addition to the rest of the stuff I carry. I see no reason to compromise on some things. I've never been accused of packing light either.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brightlightman View Post
    I carry a CAT and an IFAK in addition to the rest of the stuff I carry. I see no reason to compromise on some things. I've never been accused of packing light either.
    In shorts and tank top in July?

Wow...I cant pull that off.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    In shorts and tank top in July?

Wow...I cant pull that off.
    In FL, with TWO of your pistols (never did the tank top thing, it's only button-up or polo, heat and humidity be damned). Maybe it's just that I think boy scouts are amateurs, but I am not a minimalist by any means. I carry what I deem appropriate and dress around it naturally.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

not trying to advertise so didn't post a link, but I went to the RATS Medical website to order one to try out (they only list the Gen 2s) and they also list IWB and OWB carriers made of Kydex. Ordered the OWB model since already carrying mag and pistol IWB along with a green RAT to try. I can't seem to find the NATOs yet
    “Nobody trusts anyone, or why did they put tilt on a pinball machine.”
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by kbak67 View Post
    not trying to advertise so didn't post a link, but I went to the RATS Medical website to order one to try out (they only list the Gen 2s) and they also list IWB and OWB carriers made of Kydex. Ordered the OWB model since already carrying mag and pistol IWB along with a green RAT to try. I can't seem to find the NATOs yet
    THIS ONE?
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    no sir...i was looking for one to carry more vertical versus horizontal, this one is Kydex OWB, not the sleeve. I had seen that one on your site
    “Nobody trusts anyone, or why did they put tilt on a pinball machine.”
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by kbak67 View Post
    no sir...i was looking for one to carry more vertical versus horizontal, this one is Kydex OWB, not the sleeve. I had seen that one on your site
    Why not just use a single glock magazine pouch, play with how you fold/roll it. I bet it will fit.

Get creative
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

A single pistol taco might work.