Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a mint SLR-107FR I’ve been thinking about selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    ...... The AK receiver was intended to be stamped, but the first generation was milled do to some challenges the Russians had with the metal. Once they figured it out, they went to stamped receivers.
    From what I learned the stamping machines that were required were in very short supply in the USSR at the time the AK was first going into production. So the AK first came out as milled since the machines necessary for that were more available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bond View Post
    From what I learned the stamping machines that were required were in very short supply in the USSR at the time the AK was first going into production. So the AK first came out as milled since the machines necessary for that were more available.
    Originally the rejection rate of the initial sampings was too high. I forget the dates, but they did milling for a while. They eventually came up with a stamping process that worked and that rifle is actually called an AKM and not an AK47.
    The AKM (Russian: модернизи́рованный Автома́т Кала́шникова, tr. modernizírovanny Avtomát Kaláshnikova, lit. Modernized Kalashnikov Automatic Rifle) is a 7.62×39mm assault rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is a common modernized variant of the AK-47 rifle developed in the 1940s.
    Introduced into service with the Soviet Army in 1959, the AKM is the most ubiquitous variant of the entire AK series of firearms and it has found widespread use with most member states of the former Warsaw Pact and its African and Asian allies as well as being widely exported and produced in many other countries.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    I have a mint SLR-107FR I’ve been thinking about selling.

I responded to your PM.

Thanks