Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have shot a few double actions and have not liked them. I could get use to them if I tried hard enough and practice enough. I haven't shot any of the newer ones so there could be a differnce
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    yea I'm super pro 2A and all that, but I really, really wish I see the folks getting CCW licenses and shopping our local gun stores could only buy DA revolvers or pistols. Way too many sub $500 plastic "striker fired pistols that to activate the safety you pull the trigger" guns being put in the hands of woefully prepared people.
    There is that
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'll admit when I first started getting into guns for practical use, I saw DA/SA autos as a politically correct abomination.

After reading Gabe's discussion on DA/SA's this year I can definitely appreciate what a DA/SA brings to the table and will buy one down the road. But it'd be more of a hobby gun for me right now, especially something like the Sig 226 with it's larger size.

The one DA/SA that I am interested in is the SA XDE but is a bit too specialized for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    The one DA/SA that I am interested in is the SA XDE but is a bit too specialized for me at the moment.
    I bought one thinking that it would be a good solution, but I was disappointed.

I have a 4" barrel XDS. As much as I don't like full size XD pistols, I like the XDS a lot. It's easy to carry, comfortable to shoot and very accurate. The stock trigger isn't very good but after a trigger upgrade it's a pleasure to shoot.

I was thinking the XDE might be a great double action shooter. The trigger actually feels pretty good when firing dry, both DA and SA. But actually shooting it is a whole different experience. The slide is heavier than the XDS and the recoil impulse is very clunky. I'd be willing to put up with that if the benefit from the SA trigger was worth it, but so far I don't find this gun to be any more accurate than my XDS.

I haven't gotten rid of it, I still think there's a benefit to a single stack DA/SA, and I can see using it for mexican carry for some circumstances. But I wasn't impressed.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

The XDE was the gun some of us laughed at when it first came out. Would have been nice to have been proven wrong.

At least you had the guts to buy one and test it.

I like the combination safety/decocker.
    Last edited by Papa; 08-08-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 17. And a wakeup.

I will admit to hating the transition. That being said I still have a 239, 229, and a P30. For a long time I thought my 239 in .357 was the perfect carry gun, and in ways it is. They all sit in the safe now, and get shot 2 or 3 times a year.

My takeaway from the article was that too many people don't do enough dry fire practice. Draw, present, press, so on without the gratification of the BANG is too boring for some people. Too much emphasis on target scores, not enough on handling. Shooting yourself in the dick isn't bad aim, it's bad handling.

TDA vs striker is a non issue if you practice. Wait a minute....seems I've read that somewhere. Oh yeah, Gabe wrote about that here.

I had to shoot a DAO Beretta for serval years in .40.
    A comfortable gun it was, but very easy to shoot poorly. Iíd never really fired a DA/SA, but read how horrific it was.
    After leaving government service I ventured into striker fired and SAO guns.
    After some of Gabeís and Earnest Langdonís writings, I bought an HK USP (several actually, including compacts), but the triggers didnít excite me much.
    A used Sig MK25 with the SRT changed my opinion on DA/SA
    Photo, if it posts is 100 yds from a tall tree stump.11916CAD-BE08-45CA-A86E-681299C6D7DA.jpg
    Last edited by Jsavik; 08-11-2019 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Spelling err

Good shooting! Those look like suppressor sights. You know what belongs in that slide, just in front of the rear sight.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 17. And a wakeup.

this 226 will stay iron sighted.

The 229 will probably go in this winter for milling.

I DO have red dots on my M&P compact, G29, and XDs.