Default ADDING AMMO TO YOUR BOOM STICK

6971073553a2dd658bbd95e11b840d26.jpg

First of all, forget all the sport-shooter, three gun stuff you see on facebook or youtube as that has zero to do with shotgun gunfighting. Please read what I have written in the past about the role of the shotgun. I know...I have done it for real. Trust my opinion if you want to live.

Understand that if you go through the six rounds in the weapon and the additional rounds on the weapon or belt, you will be an extreme anomaly in the realm of shotgun use...or you have been missing a great deal. Shotguns are not compared to rifles where volume of fire is an asset in their application. Shotguns are used in the same realms as pistols...when you have some degree of warning. A hit from a shotgun, even a peripheral one, will disable if not kill a human adversary. You don't need three round bursts or magazine dumps. One shotshell of puck shot is the ballistic equivalent of a small magazine of pistol ammo.

I prefer a small ancillary bag with ammunition and my working weapon as smooth, slick, and light as possible. However, I agree there are times when more ammo in quick access is a good thing. Don't overdo it or you will end up with an overweight and ungainly weapon.

Side Saddle or Butt cuff? I don't care...pick one, but not both. Of the two I prefer the side saddle as that allows ambidextrous weapon usage.

Of the side saddle models I prefer the four round models as seen here. More ammo is more weight. More weight is a slower weapon. A slower weapon is a slower gunfighter and well...slow gunfighters don't live long.

Think what the weapon is for and do not sacrifice its utility by adding the useless.

6a0133ec985af6970b01b8d2eb911d970c-800wi.jpg
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Let's see what stays on the belt in picture #1 once you go prone, or have to squeeze through a door, or get behind the wheel.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 10. And a wakeup.

Long ago in an attempt to be at least look like a high speed shotgunner I bought one of those shell carrying slings, but it works nice as a belt and it’s not a bad sling, so it does night duty in the corner of the bedroom. 20 rounds ready for a life time of service

I really like a lightweight fabric/elastic one on my stocked Winchester SXP's buttstock. Does not add any noticeable weight to me with 5 3" shells, and does not get in the way for ambi use. It fits in just the right spot tight where it has no effect to me when firing left handed from any of the positions iv practiced in, YMMW depending on the stock/shell carrier combo on your gun though. Even after a long day training at the range, it makes 0 difference to me if it has all 5 slots filled or is empty. I can never understand the rational behind the sling bandoleer carriers other than "Hollywood". Why put something on your weapon it is both going to add more weight near the muzzle, and prevent you from using a sling properly to both improve retention and support for firing accurately... Or worse, the mall ninja's that use those AND a shell carrier or 2.... lol
    If one doesn´t have a pure heart, heaven will never permit any pleasurable times.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Let's see what stays on the belt in picture #1 once you go prone, or have to squeeze through a door, or get behind the wheel.
    Or tie your shoes... those competition rigs look ridiculous. What part of those are practical for any sort of use. Maybe we should all start our own practical tournament, with blackjack and hook... whoa got a little off topic there. Yeah those should never be considered practical. Instead of these Call of Duty crap, how about one where it takes place in low light, after sparring, muddy/broken or fallen off glasses, or missing a contact lense, or from odd use of useful common cover after a mix of all of the above.... What is practical about carrying 3-4 guns into a shooting dance long since rehearsed?
    If one doesn´t have a pure heart, heaven will never permit any pleasurable times.

An RDS would be nice, but enough is as good as a feast:

KISS.jpg

That sling is too complicated, but it comes off in a hurry.

K.I.S.S.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 10. And a wakeup.

I like nothing on the gun and a half-dozen of the Safariland 2-rd kydex belt loops in the bag to be used as necessary - I usuall just snap a couple over my belt and drive on. We are fortunate enough here in the frozen north of America's Attic that 12.5-14" pump guns have been legal for quite some time so long as they are manufactured in that configuration and not chopped from a longer barrel, and the overall length is 26.5+". There is a 14" Vang Comped 870 in the lock box under the seat of my truck every day, unless I need to cross the border in to Michigan...

Of the two, I prefer a plastic butt cuff on shotguns. They make it less front heavy.

I also keep a fanny pack with buck and ball in my car with the shotgun to grab if needed.

--ML