Default Advice on trading in G22 for G19 or G45 and upgrades.

Good day brothers in arms. A few years ago at the local shop I impulsed bought a Gen4 G22 package in pelican case with 9mm conversion barrel, having already a G19 and G26. Picked up a G43 as a summer carry option when they first hit the shelves. Sold the 19 to a friend a while back and have been regretting it since.Not having any other platforms for the .40 looking to take that G22 and trade in for a new G19 or G45 and optimize it with SI upgrades. But which to choose? It will be main carry and home defense pistol. Ive limited my consumption of firearm media to really just the blog and forum,really appreciate the level of intelligence to be found here above all.

The g22 frame can be used with a SI 9mm slide. Get the guttersnipe work form them if you want a shorter grip.
    In my area a .40 cal anything is hard to sell.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    The g22 frame can be used with a SI 9mm slide. Get the guttersnipe work form them if you want a shorter grip.
    In my area a .40 cal anything is hard to sell.
    This also preserves your ability to use a .357 SIG barrel in the G22 slide.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 11. And a wakeup.

I agree with the above. If you trade it you're only going to get around $350 for it so you're already be out of pocket about $100+ for a new 19. I'd keep it and just get a complete SI upper and a .357 Sig barrel, that way you'll be able to use 3 calibers out of the same platform just by swapping a couple of simple parts.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I agree with the above. If you trade it you're only going to get around $350 for it so you're already be out of pocket about $100+ for a new 19. I'd keep it and just get a complete SI upper and a .357 Sig barrel, that way you'll be able to use 3 calibers out of the same platform just by swapping a couple of simple parts.
    Thanks gentleman for the advice. Running the SI slide with conversion barrel gtg?

Quote Originally Posted by Parsival View Post
    Thanks gentleman for the advice. Running the SI slide with conversion barrel gtg?
    SI 9mm barrel w/ SI 9mm slide.

Glock or KKM or Bar-Sto .357 Sig conversion barrel with your existing Glock 22 slide.

Quote Originally Posted by khadga View Post
    SI 9mm barrel w/ SI 9mm slide.

Glock or KKM or Bar-Sto .357 Sig conversion barrel with your existing Glock 22 slide.
    This^^^
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Exactly the advice I was seeking from the tribe.Thanks so much. Ill be improving and optimizing!

Plan on swapping the trigger housing for the proper generation 9mm unit, which is dirt cheap and contains the 9mm ejector. And you will need 9mm mags.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 11. And a wakeup.

Police trade in G22s are going for $300 or less. Keep it and modify to taste.

-- ML