Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Instead of a laptop, consider a burner tablet. They will let you surf, communicate with work and friends, upload photos, and not cry if you lose it. Also easier to wipe clean when you get back.

Resetting an Android device to factory settings will in many cases not remove malware. Especially the kind that gets pushed by government entities.
    "Public employee unions are an inherently seditious construct"
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

Quote Originally Posted by jesmith View Post
    Instead of a laptop, consider a burner tablet. They will let you surf, communicate with work and friends, upload photos, and not cry if you lose it. Also easier to wipe clean when you get back.
    Chromebook with burner phone attached to same account, both using a vpn that does not keep logs give you a little more capability. No public wifi!

If I were at BlackHat this week, I'd go completely dark, relax, watch and learn from the talks.

Anymore, when in other places, I use a very portable Anker power cell to recharge my phone, rather than power my phone from an unknown USB source. The power cell can basically be connected to any USB source w/o concern. The phone, not so much.

Power cell's a good idea regardless. These work well, too.