Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

For glass I recommend the Leupold Mark AR. You get Leupold quality at an entry level price with good features. IDK what you want to do primarily but they have a 6-18x40, 4-12x40, a 3-9x40, and a 1.5-4x20. The 1.5-4x20 is really a MSR optic IMHO and I have that on a couple of M4 type ARs. On my A4 type AR I have the 3-9X. I have the 4-12X on my .223 bolt gun. For mounts I like the Mark AR mount or the Aero Precision Ultralight for MSRs. For bolt guns I have used Talley rings on a pic rail but I'm looking at the Leupold Backcountry rings and mounts. They have monolithic aluminum bases and rings that look so cool and also a rail and ring option if you prefer that. Ha! I'm excited for you. It's cool to plan and trick out a rifle just the way you want it. It would be cool to do a .300 BO too. Maybe I'll start.
    Last edited by Sleestak; 08-07-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Well the rifle arrived. I have a Mark AR 3-9 en route for starters, since my willingness to spend more on glass is balanced against the fact I don’t know enough yet about glass to make an intelligent choice at a higher price point.

Any suggestions on “self-study” or other reading materials that would be helpful to me as I try to learn how to shoot scoped rifles competently? At least initially my local options will limit me to 300yd venues, if that impacts your responses any.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by M_P_E View Post
    Well the rifle arrived. I have a Mark AR 3-9 en route for starters, since my willingness to spend more on glass is balanced against the fact I don’t know enough yet about glass to make an intelligent choice at a higher price point.

Any suggestions on “self-study” or other reading materials that would be helpful to me as I try to learn how to shoot scoped rifles competently? At least initially my local options will limit me to 300yd venues, if that impacts your responses any.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    The AR 3-9x should do you fine, even at the extremes of that cartridges envelope.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

What Staff said, and get in some off hand shooting and from all positions that you can manage. Use a good sling, get a range finder (even cheap ones are reasonably accurate to 400 yds.) good bipod or make a sniper's saddle, shoot off your back pack.

Starting off you may, want to zero somewhere 2-4" high at 100 yds. Gabe wrote an excellent post concerning a 35yd/M zero that you can learn a lot from.

Learn to shoot on cold, wet windy days that really mess with your shooting. This makes normal shooting easier and bad times the norm making you a better shot.

Become a predator hunter. All other game is easy after this.

jim
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22