Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Larue OBR... Thinking...

Ok I have been kicking around another sniper/dm type rifle. The Larue OBR sounds like it really is the best system. I have been kicking around even doing another super match m1a, but I always keep coming back to the Larue. I would do an 18 or 20 barrel to keep it handy.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Tell me what else if better is out there...

I agree 100%. Not crazy heavy, relatively short, reliable and sub moa accurate out to the limits of the round it fires. Put a 1-8 NXS or 2-10x24/32/42 NF and you have a great all arounder.

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Tell me what else if better is out there...
    Knights SR25

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Knights SR25
    Lol, I’d rather buy 2 obrs. Also they lost the military contract I read. Looks like H&K got it so maybe they will actually bring the price down to a regular competitive price.

I have even been researching a DPMS SSAS. Other then the name I can’t find anything wrong with them, they were also built for military testing and they didn’t get it so now they are pushing them into the public. Idk, I would rather spend the extra 1000.00 on a Larue, but the DPMS honestly looks like a good deal.

don't think, do

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    don't think, do
    Hah... Yeah dude, your right...

Are you talking about the complete rifle or saving money with the kit? I've never heard an argument for why it's worth it to pay so much more for the retail rifle. You can even have them assemble it for you and still save a lot.

I've mind-fondled the 7.62 sniper setup for a long time. I used to think that LaRue was the ticket, and I still like the idea, but if I wanted to build an ultimate setup I'd check out the option of using a Dracos barrel from Falkor. Their complete rifles are pretty pricey, but when they run blemish sales the barrels get more affordable (under $500 vs $800 regular price, IIRC). If you don't know what that is, it's an OEM version of the barrel shroud technology from Teludyne. Imagine shooting a 10 or 20 shot group that is as small as a 3 shot group from LaRue or similar. It's designed to prevent the barrel from heating up and opening up the spread, seems like a great idea for a real-world DMR style engagement. They actually give you a life-time warranty on the barrel.

Or if you want to really spend some money, they can do it on a SCAR now...

https://www.facebook.com/TeludyneTec...5198544823413/

10 shot group:

SCAR.jpg

Damn, are you reloading or is that with federal match?