Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crossbreed Modular Belly Holster

Anyone have any experience with this holster? I am an active youth sports coach and also frequent runner. I tried the G19 in a holster using a belt inside my pants but it’s not comfortable and not very concealed. This is a very special niche for when in gym or running shorts and tighter t-shirts. So the search started for a something to work with my G43. I like the belly band idea but dislike the fact that they do not have a better trigger guard. Then I found this one from crossbreed and it seems like a good concept for what I am trying to accomplish.

My opinion/experience is that it's not a secure way to carry a gun. I've had a gun fall out of a hybrid holster and just last week saw a woman's gun fall out of a belly band during a control tactics class. To me it looks like a flawed design and approach to being armed.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

So you don’t believe the kydex insert they use has the appropriate amount of retention?

I have no confidence in hybrid holster's ability to secure a firearm.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    I have no confidence in hybrid holster's ability to secure a firearm.
    Was the woman wearing a belly band with kydex or just the fabric pocket?

This thing isn't a hybrid holster like their leprechaun saddle with kydex holster attached thingy.

It looks like it's just a belly band with a kydex holster built in. I would assume the kydex is properly molded in 2019, so retention should come down to how the kydex is attached. If it's glued and/or sewn in, it might be an easy way to acquire one of the kydex and bellyband rigs people make for themselves. I've seen one like this which attached by velcro which seems like a bad idea, but I have no clue if it's this one.

A well made kydex and bellyband unit seems like a good idea for running/exercise where a gunbelt isn't comfortable or possible. I've never found a good solution for that scenario.
    Last edited by khadga; 07-29-2019 at 06:18 PM.

This particular set up has Velcro on the back of the kydex holster that attaches to the band. Then another section of band goes over the front of the holster and secured back to the main band on the other side via Velcro. Seems a little wonky and could increase thickness of the overall profile. Another main reason I was looking to see if anyone has any hands on experience. I am also always willing to hear other options people ma my have. I also dug into the warrior talk archives and found a thread where people were installing kydex holsters into the pocket of a normal belly band.

I have a belly band for running and secured an SI NPE inside by the lanyard for my G43. Enables safety and a bit quicker draw and I have been pretty happy with it.
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

I have been using the Crossbreed Modular Belly Band since shortly after it became available - a couple years (?) now. I find it a good way to carry while wearing draw string shorts or cycling pants/shorts. Just snug the elastic band as tight as you can. Holds the weapon securely with the ability to carry an extra mag, as well. The fit and finish (including retention) of the Crossbreed kydex is less than I like, the Pit Viper by Concealment Solutions is vastly superior.

On occasion, I have used this set up with belted pants and it works well in that application, the cinched up belt providing a bit of additional support for the weapon.

This is the first set up I have found that works well carrying on body while wearing the clothing I typically wear while exercising in the gym or on the road (running or biking). Might even work ok for the swim. lol
    Last edited by Otis; 07-29-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Quick update: Concealment Solutions does not offer any holsters for the Seecamp, which is an ideal weapon for a belly band with workout attire. I have been working with Jason, the owner, and am providing him with a mold for that model. He should be adding this model to his offering in the very near future, I would expect no later than mid-September. Once this model is available, I plan on getting both the Pit Viper and the ASP 3.1 to carry the Seecamp in the many NPE's I tend to visit and work in.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Quick update: Concealment Solutions does not offer any holsters for the Seecamp, which is an ideal weapon for a belly band with workout attire. I have been working with Jason, the owner, and am providing him with a mold for that model. He should be adding this model to his offering in the very near future, I would expect no later than mid-September. Once this model is available, I plan on getting both the Pit Viper and the ASP 3.1 to carry the Seecamp in the many NPE's I tend to visit and work in.
    If you could please be sure to update things here, I'd snatch up one of those.