Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wearing a CCW hat to signal you're a good guy?

Apparently someone started making fold-able hats with first-responder acronyms in neon letters on either side.

Here's a picture of one.
    https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=h...m_DR_4.jpg&f=1

Do you think this has any mitigating impact on how people and cops react to you? Especially in states where armed self-defense is legally looked down upon?

No. No. And don't.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

352. And a wakeup.

And what would prevent the bad guy from wearing one and then shooting the cops when they turn their backs????
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Nah bro. All you need is a CCW badge and a CCW sash and you’ll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Red Dot Combat Pistol School Orange TX March 6-8, 2020

That is one coat hanger away from being a total abortion.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    And what would prevent the bad guy from wearing one and then shooting the cops when they turn their backs????
    I was thinking they'd do a double take if they're thinking of shooting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Nah bro. All you need is a CCW badge and a CCW sash and you’ll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I know that's sarcasm, I would imagine the hat would be far more practical to whip out than a sash comparatively.

Bro there is an article on the blog about avoiding friendly fire and discusses the logistics of ideas like this. Google "Gabe Suarez blog friendly fire" basically it says usbe the sul position and that merch "that advertises you are the good guy" will not be noticed in the heat of the moment
    "No matter how bizarre and extreme the teachings of the man-haters becomes, it doesn't really matter. Because when it comes right down to it, we can kill them and eat them. And they know this." -LawDog

"Don't like how I live my life? There's plenty of other people in the world. F*ck off and go bother them."
    -Glock45

What would you focus on arriving on an active killer scene, seeing bodies, and a guy holding a gun? Not his hat.

If your gun is out, that will be the focus. It is what you will get shot for.

All other ID markers are irrelevant in the heat and confusion of the moment. If you have put your gun away, you don’t need no stinkin’ hat. Or badge. Even a genuine LEO badge may not be enough to stop you from getting shot.

Get the gun out of sight, or drop it and follow commands. If you can’t hear them, quickly interlace hands behind your head (without a weapon) and kneel facing away from officers. Cross ankles.
    Lord of harvest, grant that we wholesome grain and pure may be. Hymn, Come Ye Thankful People Come