Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kabar View Post
    Yep. It's like Revenge of the Newbies around here lately.

ChicagoPD, is that you?
    Ooh Damn! I said Ooh Damn when you said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Carrying a knife, and using it, would be no more acceptable to a hoplophobe, or to the authorities in an NPE for that matter.
    Yes, but...do you have a better idea dealing with serious injury/lethal force in an NPE? I can cover myself with USCCA can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    IDK bro, I think relying on a knife (only a knife) is a bad idea, an especially bad idea if she serious about campaigning. If its her idea then maybe she needs to watch videos of the anti folks. It seems to me a much better idea would be to work on your concealment gear and how fast you can access it. Maybe more to the point if she is that worried about politics, then perhaps she might want to reassess her base. If shes afraid of you carrying guns, then maybe (no maybe) shes not who Id want making political decisions.

You might start by telling here that Gun Free Zones don't seem to apply to criminals; so neither should they apply to you. Concealment means CONCEALMENT.
    She's pro 2nd A in general, just not her dream job destination, which would logically be where she launches her political career as a candidate. She used to hunt with a semiautomatic rifle (aka "high-capacity assault rifle"), and she was good at it. She could probably out-shoot me from range. I've spent some time reading on NorthEastern shooters, and over there, its a pain in the ass just to get a bill passed where defending your property isn't an "affirmative defense."

In case, guy was accused of threatening a woman who hit his car with a gun. It was bs, and luckily the magistrate just told him to lay low to keep his license. The magistrate said "no one needs to carry a gun to the store."

His attorney disagreed, but kept his mouth shut and accepted their win as is.

It might change by her hand, which she's said, but it's gonna take some doing.
    Last edited by Shogunater; 07-26-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kabar View Post
    Yep. It's like Revenge of the Newbies around here lately.

ChicagoPD, is that you?
    Apparently I'm slow and wrecked from the gym today. I just got the joke .

Getting back to the original question, if only as an intellectual exercise...

Ok, no guns, no fixed blades, got it...then how about something like this:

https://suarezinternational.com/spyd...pression-lock/

There is a lot to be said for a good waved folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    Getting back to the original question, if only as an intellectual exercise...

Ok, no guns, no fixed blades, got it...then how about something like this:

https://suarezinternational.com/spyd...pression-lock/

There is a lot to be said for a good waved folder.
    Why not just use a good folder, and be good at flipping it down? What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunater View Post
    Why not just use a good folder, and be good at flipping it down? What's the difference?
    If you do it right, a waved folder comes out of your pocket open. There's nothing faster than that.

But, yeah, it's just an optimization of a good waved folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    If you do it right, a waved folder comes out of your pocket open. There's nothing faster than that.

But, yeah, it's just an optimization of a good waved folder.
    a short, fixed blade is absolutely faster. I like the Gang Unit or Esse Izula.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    a short, fixed blade is absolutely faster. I like the Gang Unit or Esse Izula.
    Yes, you're right. I should have written "there's no folder that's faster".

I had interpreted the mission requirements as excluding fixed blades, but if that's not the case, that is of course the way to go.

That Spyderco ARK that just hit the store looks awfully nice, too, as far as fixed blades go (I might grab one for NPE carry, especially since I waited too long and missed the boat on the Gang Unit ).