Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Excellent...Thanks Coastal. Hopefully some other LE will comment as I know there are plenty here. Everyone wants to shoot the bad guy...but nobody wants to shoot a good guy by mistake...or get shot by a good guy.

And to be honest...all those CCW heroes that some are concerned about...the reality is that when the first shots go off they will channel Ayoob and come up with a myriad of reasons they should not engage. I doubt we will be running into many of them.

So that said...if we are seen by the good guys we want them to think...at first glance...that we are also good guys...members of their tribe so to speak. How do we do that?
    Our fitness, our demeanor, our skill of arms, and our gun handling. How you look and how you act send instantaneous messages to the hunter. Are you another hunter? Are you the wolf? Are you the prey?

Even with some of the recent bad guys being kitted up, look at how they handled their weapons. Look at how they carried themselves.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

If I am moving towards the sound of the guns, either don't draw yet, or keep the pistol very close to my body. Draw fire, and get that gun close to me again.
    Dress well for my environment, be clean cut and appear fit.
    Soli Deo Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    ...thankfully the event wasn't as time compressed as an active attack."

This cannot be emphasized enough. It takes a cool head to run code, armor up, lock and load and start the hunt. First responders will be amped, psyched, and literally straining at the leash. Even in "the moderate stress of the training environment" bystanders/actors get run down, knocked down, hit with weapons. Doors get stuffed, furniture sent flying, and tangos get shot again and again until they hopefully have the sense to lie down. In the real thing, people are dying and there is little time for careful analysis and decisionmaking. No one is going to read your hat.

Don't look like a bad guy. Don't act like a bad guy. And don't get in the way.

Papa has it 100%, and has just described hundreds of training days that all of us .gov, .mil, and LEO have run through. Those of us that came to this calling for the right reasons WANT to eat. We deal with ALL OF THE CRAP so we can be in the right place at the right time to get eat. The K-9 tracks so he gets to bite, we work in the hope that the balloon goes up and we are close enough to make a difference.

The boss has described this many times here, thank you for sharing yours for the good of the order Gabe.

I know many of us here wear a uniform or a badge, and I am sure that you are a lot like me. I do this profession because of who I am, I am NOT the way I am because of the job. I would be the same if I were a painter.

You don't use a pretty toy poodle to guard the junk yard. We are an extension of harnessed violence waiting for the right circumstances to apply it.

You don't have to be a cop or a vet, just be trained, be a man, and be ready. I will always strive to ensure wherever I plant my feet is a safe place for those I care about. If it is not a safe place I will do what ever it takes to make the place safe.

Stay salty boys...

Quote Originally Posted by m48shooter View Post

Papa has it 100%, and has just described hundreds of training days that all of us .gov, .mil, and LEO have run through. Those of us that came to this calling for the right reasons WANT to eat. We deal with ALL OF THE CRAP so we can be in the right place at the right time to get eat. The K-9 tracks so he gets to bite, we work in the hope that the balloon goes up and we are close enough to make a difference.

The boss has described this many times here, thank you for sharing yours for the good of the order Gabe.

I know many of us here wear a uniform or a badge, and I am sure that you are a lot like me. I do this profession because of who I am, I am NOT the way I am because of the job. I would be the same if I were a painter.

You don't use a pretty toy poodle to guard the junk yard. We are an extension of harnessed violence waiting for the right circumstances to apply it.

You don't have to be a cop or a vet, just be trained, be a man, and be ready. I will always strive to ensure wherever I plant my feet is a safe place for those I care about. If it is not a safe place I will do what ever it takes to make the place safe.

Stay salty boys...

The majority of the Suarez students that train with me put in more training hours than just about all the officers I know and work with. The uneducated public and politicians remain ignorant on the profession of arms.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.