Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock failures

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    it doesn't surprise, me then again, not much does these days. As Gabe has made very clear, numerous times, anything manmade..
    i wouldn't doubt that some of our customers will and have had issues with their pistol as i've had rusted slides and internals come in. factory extractor plungers rusted to the point that the spring will most likely fail in the next 100 rds if we hadn't replaced it. rusted slides, strikers safety plungers. safety plungers with no chrome plating left. safety plungers with the chrome plating chipped off of only the contact surface. trigger return springs rusted to the point that when extended you can watch dust fall from it. rusted trigger bars rusted at any point. basic maintenance folks goes a loooong way
    So you're saying to drown it in froglube, right? Lol. At least rusting would be the only thing not wrong with it.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

FYI! I am NOT getting rid of my Glocks come hell or high water! They fit me well and I shoot them well. If you don't want yours, send them to me for the attention and love they deserve!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    FYI! I am NOT getting rid of my Glocks come hell or high water! They fit me well and I shoot them well. If you don't want yours, send them to me for the attention and love they deserve!
    Maybe if they don't think their Glocks will last they should go buy a Sig 365.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Maybe if they don't think their Glocks will last they should go buy a Sig 365.
    Great idea, after they send me their Glocks (for free!!!!!!!)
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

I just had a (sorta major) failure in my one 17. Ive been shooting it every week in practice for about 10 years now. Round count (based on 300 rounds a week. It often had more) was 147,400. In reality, 150,000+ would be realistic, but I dont have an "actual" count.

The rear left rail broke off. The gun was still shooting with it broken too. I found it while cleaning it after I got home.

I called Glock, and they said send it in and they would look at it. I wasnt aware that Glock only has a one year warranty. Plus, Id stippled the grip as well. I was constantly told that alone would void any warranty (so much for internet forum experts ). They never asked about "reloads", and I didnt offer.

They called me about a week later, and told me they were replacing the frame under warranty and rebuilding what was left. A week later, I had then gun back. Go Glock! The only original parts in the gun now are the slide, barrel, and night sights.

In the ten years of constant use, the only other thing I had go was two trigger return springs. One at around 90K and the other at around 120K. Not really a big deal, a $3.50 fix. Even with the spring gone, the gun will still function if you hold the trigger for reset.

The only parts Ive ever had any rust on, with any of my Glocks, has been the slide stop lever. They usually have the finish wore off before to long from holster wear and use. Ive been carrying Glocks off and on since the 80's and on a daily basis (IWB/AIWB/Smart Carry) now for about 10 years. Theyve got my vote!
    Last edited by ak103k; 07-19-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    "If the rule you followed brought you to this,
    of what use was the rule?"

He who cares least, wins. ;)

Both my issued and personal G22's are very worn Gen 3 models.... I've only had a striker wear down on my duty weapon about 4 years ago causing light primer strikes. After a quick replacement of the striker and channel it ran reliably again. This firearm has many scars and multiple thousands of rounds through it....... It will very likely retire with me........

Neither my agency, nor any I've been associated with ever had to sign an NDA.

It is either a new thing, or more likely an urban myth.

-- ML

Enough of this Sig-inspired anti-Glock horseshit. The world runs on Glocks, M4s, and 870s.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters