Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock failures

Default Glock failures

Looking for comments on this, found on the net. I know I can trust the info from this group.

"You don't hear about there failures because agencies have to sign non disclosure agreements in order to get the blowout pricing. State Leo's had the strikers assemblies rust up along with the frames rails(nubs) and the barrels at the crown and under the circular opening of the slide. Serration grooves rusted too. There are plenty of catastrophic gluuck failures experienced by Miami Metro Dade officers you will never find evidence of. Free trips and swag for agency admin goes a long way toward silencing their true history."

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrstang01 View Post
    Looking for comments on this, found on the net. I know I can trust the info from this group.

"You don't hear about there failures because agencies have to sign non disclosure agreements in order to get the blowout pricing. State Leo's had the strikers assemblies rust up along with the frames rails(nubs) and the barrels at the crown and under the circular opening of the slide. Serration grooves rusted too. There are plenty of catastrophic gluuck failures experienced by Miami Metro Dade officers you will never find evidence of. Free trips and swag for agency admin goes a long way toward silencing their true history."

?? to do the rust damage your are talking about entails the most gross neglect. Nothing is fool or idiot proof assuming that this really happened.

Exactly what are you planning to do with your glock?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Personally I have had no "catastrophic" failures, the only failures I've ever had are FTF's, and those came only when using Winchester steel cased ammo.

I had multiples over 8 different magazines before tossing the box and going back to brass cased ammo, then any issues immediately stopped (across all magazines).

But then again, I'm only approaching 6,000 rounds thru my G19 Gen 4.

There are two groups notorious (in my experience) for failing to properly maintain equipment. Soldiers and LEOs.

Even stainless steel will corrode/rust if abused/neglected long enough. I'll bet those guys in south Florida sweat all over those poor pistols. Even stainless slides need to be wiped dry and then wiped down with an oily cloth when they get wet/salty.

Rust inside? Striker rust? I've wondered about that since everyone says you're not supposed to put any oil on it, but that's will all the striker fired pistols. M&Ps and XD/XDMs, too.

No idea about squeeling/not squeeling about the problems. I just know, if you really want to test something, give it to a private or a patrolman (or even the guys they take orders from.)

You mean you have to maintain machinery????? Why didn't anyone tell me this?!?!?! Oh wait. I'm not a moron that doesn't take care of his gear... Especially in a high humidity environment where the gun likely gets rained on sometimes. These kind of people must never change the oil in the cars either.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I have only seen one "catastrophic" failure of a Glock, and that was not that bad. The rear locking slide that the slide goes under cracked and let go on one side. The front staid and the gun staid together but the rear was raised about half inch. Glock replaced the weapon. That was the only one I saw in all the years we had them and shot them hard. We also did a armorers inspection every 6 months with the proper maintenance and replacement of parts.

From the orginial post; that almost sounds like salt water got in the pistol and was not properly cleaned.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Then don't use Glocks man...simple as that.

I wonder what the next "controversy" will be? Red dots really aren't as good as irons...or (gasp) point shooting? A good solid weaver is better for reactive shooting than moving off the X?

Either I and all my staff are full of crap...or those other people are.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Then don't use Glocks man...simple as that.

I wonder what the next "controversy" will be? Red dots really aren't as good as irons...or (gasp) point shooting? A good solid weaver is better for reactive shooting than moving off the X?

Either I and all my staff are full of crap...or those other people are.
    And that's why I asked here Mr. Suarez. I trust this forum and your team. I said the same thing, neglect to this thread, and the guy all but called me a liar.

You know what...never mind
    Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 07-14-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I've had Glocks rust, particularly the slide release and the barrel at the muzzle, as a result of carrying IWB in hot, humid climates. Y'know what? They still worked.

I've had rare FTFs, mostly in .45, and not many of those. The Gen 3 .40s would occasionally malf when lights were attached. That also happened with the original M&P .40 which replaced the G22 in my agency for that very reason.

I've had malfunctions in .40 to 9mm Glock conversions until I sorted out the right combos of extractor, ejector and springs.

Shoot it. Maintain it. Repeat.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 14. And a wakeup.