Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Our reading comprehension must be different than other people.
    Maybe because we actually think while and after reading?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Greg...its like talking to a brick wall and then being upset that the wall doesn't understand you. I have zero time for extremists...no matter who they believe in.

One is saved by faith not works. Maybe Ricco's book is different, but according to mine you can believe and accept God, and that is that. You do not need to be running around with the bible hitting people over the head with it, or interrupting their day unwelcomed, or making a pest of yourself. There are some faiths that require this but mine does not.

Man's wrath or God's punishment?

Those are not the only choices. Once you are a believer, there is no more punishment...unless of course someone is an extremist and think otherwise.
    You don't believe God punishes his children when they do wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ricco View Post
    Ricco, I honestly think its time for you to find another home.

Gabriel Suarez

Gabe: It's black
    Ricco: I actually think it might be white
    Gabe: what a perfect day
    Ricco: this weather sucks
    Gabe: this whiskey is delicious
    Ricco: there's too much ice in this glass.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by ricco View Post
    Have you actually read the bible?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Soo....
    I was brought up in a church where we were taught it was godly to be bold to the point of being obnoxious in means of sharing our faith. For 4 years I was part of group that would go door to door for an hour and half once a week to "soul win". A typical tactic we would use would be to knock on someones door, when they opened we would introduce ourselves and then ask "if you were to die tonight are you 100% sure you'd go to heaven?".
    At the time it seemed like and was taught to be the right thing to do. I've since matured, I now see the errors in that approach. It's foolish, self seeking and inappropriate at best.
    Not sure who wrote it but "always share the gospel and if necessary use words" is a more appropriate approach.
    Not that I want to get into a theological debate on how many points of Calvinism are actually correct, but I firmly believe Holy Spirit leads and guides, I believe God calls man into repentance, not man, and thus I'm simply an instrument that can be used by Him, and if I believe that I have to work from His rule book and clock... I believe in divine intervention and that God gives all men a chance to repent. I also believe that God gives believers different gifts, if you don't have the gift of evangelism, being an evangelist is very awkward and uncomfortable. Some people I know who are gifted with evangelism can approach just about anyone at any time and share their faith without it being awkward because they're gifted that way. But I also believe these gifted individuals are lead into those conversations, and they don't force them.
    Forced evangelism, isn't biblical, but rather arrogance and pride.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

That last line is perfect...dare I say...inspired.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    That last line is perfect...dare I say...inspired.
    It's biblical.

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

Matthew 10:4 "If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet."

Men often think they have to debate and convince others to follow to Christ. That was never the plan. If God, with all his power and sovereignty can't convince men to repentance how foolish is it to think we could?
    When I realized that reaching the hearts of man was Gods job and not mine it changed how I viewed my faith. It became less religious and more personal. I quit looking for a preacher to rule over me, tell me how to live and act and listened more closely to what the Word teaches. For the lack of a better term, that was a "beyond the pale" moment.

The other aspect. Does God punish his children? That question has deep roots and evidence of a symptom.... Service, due to fear, rather than service, as a expression of love and gratitude. One is a religious act, the other is not.
    Let's not forget the religious rulers of the day are whom accused and crucified Christ....... If your Christianity is a religious experience and not a faith/relationship you don't know the gospel. (Generalized statement)
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    It's biblical.

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

Matthew 10:4 "If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet."

Men often think they have to debate and convince others to follow to Christ. That was never the plan. If God, with all his power and sovereignty can't convince men to repentance how foolish is it to think we could?
    When I realized that reaching the hearts of man was Gods job and not mine it changed how I viewed my faith. It became less religious and more personal. I quit looking for a preacher to rule over me, tell me how to live and act and listened more closely to what the Word teaches. For the lack of a better term, that was a "beyond the pale" moment.

The other aspect. Does God punish his children? That question has deep roots and evidence of a symptom.... Service, due to fear, rather than service, as a expression of love and gratitude. One is a religious act, the other is not.
    Let's not forget the religious rulers of the day are whom accused and crucified Christ....... If your Christianity is a religious experience and not a faith/relationship you don't know the gospel. (Generalized statement)
    Having been raised Catholic, anytime somebody begins talking about guilt and punishment and the like, my first instinct is to kick them in the face, rather than pray or repent. I think it is alive and well today in some extremist sects. You are either saved by faith, or everything in the book is a lie. I prefer to believe the former rather than the latter.
    Gabriel Suarez

If you can control someone's behaviours with fear you can control their pocketbook. Someone following the Lord is less likely to be controlled by some suit or costume wearing know it all with a title or Bible College Degree.