Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    [QUOTE=psalms23dad
    At the time it seemed like and was taught to be the right thing to do. I've since matured, I now see the errors in that approach.[/QUOTE]

((Edit to correct misspelling))

Same with me, I was young and just following my adult family.

I had a brush with death last year due to a serious medical condition. It's been talked to death and I'm tired of mentioning it but will make a point...... During the time of my treatments, I was eating in a local grille alone. An "old church aquantence" saw me... He came over to say hi, I looked weak and thin no doubt, I had been through a lot but pushing on trying to be normal as possible. He asked how I was and I talked about my illness only briefly... I stated it isn't a special case, just my own.........He actually made the comment to me that sometimes God brings us to our knees for "XYZ" and he quoted some scriptures ......I can't even remember now what else was said. I half engaged in further conversation after that and he got the picture then left.......He couldn't even say hello without going into something like that. To me, it's self righteousness, judgemental behavior ((Oh wow, he must have really gotten into sin)). I don't know but there's no way in hell I will associate with that congregation.

Christian men did pray with me, came to the hospital, they didn't preach to me, simply stood by but not intrusively. I didn't feel like reading or being preached to. Warrior men with common type A personalities who would die fighting for the ungrateful stood by me, some Christian, some not.

I love them all.....I was carried to the hospital by them and carried home by them. They're still there for me and I'm back with them now, not yet strong as I was before.

I do not hate the guy from church I mentioned above, but I won't be around him or others like him, nothing about the encounter surprised me. They want to prove how faithful and knowledgeable they are, how "right" they are.

This is longer than I wanted to say but I've experienced this.

I do believe God saw me through, I credit God with the strength to get through. I don't feel angry, I'm thankful and humbled.

It's a weird behavior by some groups and they will 'argue" due to their own self righteousness and not actually minister to anybody. Join their club if you wish,,, but life is short and in the end who won the contest of self righteousness? Enough said about it from me here.
    Last edited by millergun; 07-19-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Excellent post brother.

I will say this. In the last three years, I have lost a few friends to various ills. Greg and Sua know. The worst and most despicable thing one ostensibly speaking on God's behalf is to suggest that the current illness a brother is facing is his own fault because of how he has failed to live up to religious expectations.

At one event we attended, we were fully prepared to put boot deep into ass if anyone attempted to make a religious point about anything our fallen brother had done.

When I spoke to another brother in similar situations later, I knew he was a believer...even if not intensely. We spoke about the reality of death, his plans for the time he had left, and my promise that if his family was in need, I would be there for them. I told him I would keep him in my prayers but didn'y make a show out of praying with him loudly on the phone.

The goal was not to make a Pharissean show of faith for the onlookers but rather to encourage a brother facing the end of the fight. Christian or Heathen, class is class, and ass is ass.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Word.

I'm always ready to put boot to ass or knees to the deck for a brother/sister. You attempt to judge my walk and I can guarantee which you're likely to get.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Word.

I'm always ready to put boot to ass or knees to the deck for a brother/sister. You attempt to judge my walk and I can guarantee which you're likely to get.
    The term that Sua used that I have since adopted as descriptive of those types of folks...Christian Taliban.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The term that Sua used that I have since adopted as descriptive of those types of folks...Christian Taliban.
    A request if I may. Can you elaborate on what you mean by Christian Taliban a little more.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by millergun View Post
    Same with me, I was young and just following my adult family.

I had a brush with death last year for a serious medical condition. It's been talked to death and I'm tired of mentioning it but will make a point...... During the time of my treatments, I was eating in a local grille alone. An "old church aquantence" saw me... He came over to say hi, I looked weak and thin no doubt, I had been through a lot but pushing on to try and be normal as possible. He asked how I was and I talked about my illness only briefly... I stated it isn't a special case, just my own.........He actually made the comment to me that sometimes God brings us to our knees for "XYZ" and he quoted some scriptures ......I can't even remember now what else was said. I half engaged in further conversation after that and he got the picture then left.......He couldn't even say hello without going into something like that. To me, it's self righteousness, judgemental (Oh wow, he must have really gotten into sin). I don't know but there's no way in hell I will associate with that congregation.

Christian men did pray with me, came to the hospital, didn't preach to me, simply stood by but not intrusively. I didn't feel like reading or being preached to. Warrior men with common type A personalities who would die fighting for the ungrateful stood by me, some Christian, some not
    I love them all.....I was carried to the hospital by them and carried home by them. They're still there for me but I'm back with them now, not yet as I was before.

I do not hate the guy from church I mentioned above, but I won't be around him or others like him, nothing about the encounter surprised me. They want to prove how faithful and knowledgeable they are, how "right" they are.

This is longer than I wanted to say but I've experienced this.

I do believe God saw me through, I credit God with the strength to get through. I don't feel angry, I'm thankful and humbled.

It's a weird behavior by some groups and they will 'argue" due to their own self righteousness and not actually minister to anybody. Join their club if you wish but life is short and in the end who won the contest of being self righteousness. Enough said about it from me on here.
    A problem I see in the church is that folks think just because they know a little scripture they are qualified to give counsel. And not realizing that their words have meaning and consequence attached to them. While maybe they mean well they do more harm than good. It gets back to pride and arrogance again, they just can't seem to keep their mouth shut in telling you how wise they are.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    A request if I may. Can you elaborate on what you mean by Christian Taliban a little more.
    From the Babylon Bee. This is satire yet there's a nugget of truth.

Side observation...most of the headlines I see in the Babylon Bee are more accurate than what's in the NY Times or the Washington Post.

Edited to add...I had to post the rest of the article. Too funny not to.

Untitled.png
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by Brent Yamamoto; 07-18-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

You joke but we weren't allowed to have dancing at our wedding.... man I wasted a lot of time with under that influence.

"Let my name be feared at the gates of hell, as I exalt the Savior
    In the name of the Holy One of God
    I will cast you down at the foot of the cross He hung from
    I will stand behind my Savior
    As He burns your kingdom down
    And I will see you on your knees before the King of Kings
    You will lose your throne to the chosen ones
    The chosen ones will rise"

Christian Taliban was a term used by our illustrious and ever-eloquent brother Sua Sponte.

It refers to the extreme sects of Christianity that are so far removed from any notions of modernity and freedom that they are but a short step away from stoning adulterers and toppling graven images. To those types drinking alcohol is a sin, as is women wearing bikinis, and don't even think about looking at such harlots lest your eyes melt in place. Watching anything but G rated movies or listening to anything other than worship music is wrong and evil. Sex is only for procreating (once the church gives its blessing), and food is only for sustenance (just make sure you don't enjoy it too much).

And if you don't live like this and with these attitudes, God will kick your ass and it will be your own fault.
    Gabriel Suarez

"Wer nicht liebt Wein, Weib, und Gesang, Der bleibt ein Narr sein Lebenlang."

Often attributed to Martin Luther, it's not a license to be licentious, but to enjoy the blessings of being human.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 07. And a wakeup.