Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Default WHY ARE SOME CHRISTIANS SO WEIRD?

Seriously. I am at the Organic Market and some dude walks up to be with the look on his face like he is a long time friend that hasn't seen me in a while. Anytime that happens I pass his face through my mental "facial recognition" (a note on that later) to see if I know him.

It came up as "No Record On File".

He sticks his hand out like we are buddies and asks, "Do you know Jesus, and that He loves you?"

I reply, "Yes I know Jesus, but I don't know who the heck YOU are". I tend not to shake hands with strangers and weird strangers even less, so i don't extend my hand.

"Have a nice day", he announces and walks off to hit up somebody else. Out of curiosity I watched him for a few minutes to see what his game was. He never asked anyone for money, and did the same to three more people before going on his way. He had a continual Stepford look on his face like he had just won the lottery and the hand of a billionaire Nymphomaniac Swedish Crosfit Super Model.

I get the whole ministry and outreach deal, but aren't there classier ways? If I had been a nonbeliever, the impression he would have left me with is one of a creepy weird cult thing I want nothing to do with.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The demanded handshake from a stranger Always sets off my grifter alert.

I do not go out of my way to proselytize. However, I find the best way to advocate for Christ is 1. to simply be kind, decent, treat others well, and 2. to not be weird.

Neither are a very high bar for me but it seems to be an issue in large swaths of the Christian community.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Close Range Gunfighting 3, Oregon - pending
    Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    He had a continual Stepford look on his face like he had just won the lottery and the hand of a billionaire Nymphomaniac Swedish Crosfit Super Model.
    To his way of thinking, he has. It must be nice to assume that you'll be protected, and that your transition from this earth to heaven will be swift and painless.

Not a way I'll ever be. Afraid I got the "wise as serpents" down pretty well, but not the "harmless as doves" part.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

289. And a wakeup.

He was probably homeschooled.
    Joking, we homeschooled our kids for a few years but it makes you wonder what bubble some of our brothers and sisters live in.
    You won't be corrupted by the world to live in it and yet they try to remove themselves as much as possible from society as a way of self sanctification. Then when they try to reach others it's awkward and unproductive.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I do not go out of my way to proselytize. However, I find the best way to advocate for Christ is 1. to simply be kind, decent, treat others well, and 2. to not be weird.
    Agreed, my philosophy as well.

Most people when they extend their hand get a hand in return out of habit, which usually is used as an ice breaker for them or anyone else. I grew up in the "sticks" where everyone waived to each other and when in conversation distance everyone shook hands, so I have to make a concerted effort to keep my hands on my pockets as a reminder. It also gives me an opportunity to focus on the situation at hand and what's going on in the peripherals. Additionally, I agree with Brent that acts of Christians are more compelling than the method this individual was attempting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I kneel for no man and pray to only one God; Jesus Christ.

تدريب لتكون في نهاية المطاف الأمريكي الكافر

CRG 09/2012, TMCO 11/2012, RGF I 09/2013, ACRG 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    ....it makes you wonder what bubble some of our brothers and sisters live in.
    Yeah...I don't really see them as that. People have to earn me calling them brother and sister. Claiming the same faith is insufficient for me.

And while I understand the sentiment, the whole "corrupted by the world" seems weird to me. If you don't want to drink, whore, and use dope, just don't do it. Pretending such things don't exist, or wanting to eradicate them, lead to silly laws like Prohibition and dress codes at the beach.

Just a short step to Burkhas from there.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

They’re so weird because they really don’t know how to act as a Christian and if you carry yourself like the man you are it scares them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Red Dot Combat Pistol School Orange TX March 6-8, 2020

Study the seven churches of the book of Revelation and the different influences, turns, twists of spirit and human. Just saying...