Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have friends who CrossFit competitively and hit body parts the next day. It shouldn’t make sense, and I don’t do it, but they’re all strong and jacked.

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    I have friends who CrossFit competitively and hit body parts the next day. It shouldn’t make sense, and I don’t do it, but they’re all strong and jacked.
    Yeah, most casual-but-committed Crossfitters are training 5-6 days a week, and the elite ones are training twice a day 5-6 days a week.

Depends on your programming, nutrition, supplementation, sleep, and recovery ability, but the human body can adapt to a pretty wide range of training modalities and frequencies.

Hence why people need to find what works for them via experimentation and good coaching.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Mr. Anthony nailed it, we all need to figure out what works for us. Im 51 and don't squat and DL the same week, but alternate them. I just can't recover enough to train them heavy in the same week. I'm over 2x my BW in both and I need more time for recovery. Normally, I lift M,T,Th, F and do a couple mile ruck on Wednesday. If Im tired Wednesday I do the ruck on Saturday. I take a week off Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break and usually once during the summer.

Once you have a developed ability in lifting, it is good to do your own programming and listening to your body for recovery needs, goal achievement, etc. But for the dude who just lost 50 pounds on keto and now wants to build some muscle, its not a bad way to go
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters