Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Gotcha; sounds kinda interesting. I track my heart rate sporadically but have noticed it seems like it varies throughout the day for no apparent reason. Sometimes it'll be at 60 bpm, after I've been walking; and then I'm sitting still, and it bounces up to 73 bpm. Well, whatevs.

In short, sounds like my current approach is working just fine: 3 days a week, about 35-45 minutes per session, try to work the whole body and push myself while still listening to pain points.
    Your hydration level and caffeine intake can dramatically effect your BP and RHR
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Your hydration level and caffeine intake can dramatically effect your BP and RHR
    Also true. I consume a fair amount of both, so my heart may just be confused, lol. If I don't drink a gallon or more a day, my head doesn't work all that well. Heart rate does seem to be highest late morning, after the early-ish morning mug of coffee has hit in full force, but then I drown that in 100 oz. of water over the next few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Not heard this "benchmark," if you will, before--what's waking pulse tell you, other than how hard your heart is working when you wake up? Or is that the point, to find out how hard your body is working and extrapolate from that that you need to allow a little more recovery time?
    Exactly the point. Learned it while racing bicycles. It's held true regardless and yes, hydration and a bunch of other factors can feed into it. For me, for years, it's been a solid indicator of recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Exactly the point. Learned it while racing bicycles. It's held true regardless and yes, hydration and a bunch of other factors can feed into it. For me, for years, it's been a solid indicator of recovery.
    Gotcha, makes sense. I might try that in the mornings on the days after I lift, just for grins.