Default A few Street Comp questions.

My Street Comp just arrived, and Iíve got a couple of questions before I apply the Loctite and attach it permanently:

1. The shaft on my front sight nut driver is too big (good problem to have, right?) to go through the hole in the bottom of the Street Comp to attach the front sight. Will the Glock OEM driver that SI sells fit that hole? Iíd like to take advantage of the ability to put the front sight on the comp for a longer iron-sight radius.

2. My 3 or 4 year old Suarez steel guide rod is too long to allow the slide to cycle with the Comp attached. Are the newer SI guide rods a bit shorter to allow for this, or am I stuck using the OEM captive guide rod? No problem if so, but I did prefer the smoother cycling with the Suarez guide rod. If the newer ones are designed to work with the Street Comp, Iíll order one.

Questions out of the way, some observations after only having the Comp on for a day:

- I have a G17 with V3 slide, and the Comp adds literally no noticeable weight to the front of the gun. Unless I look at it, I donít notice itís there.
    - A G17 with the Street Comp attached is almost the exact same length as a G34.
    - If Suarez decides to come out with a steel version, Iíll buy it. I liked the weight of the original Kompressor on my pistol (made it point and settle in the hand a bit better) but it was a bit too long for comfortable carry. The Street Comp in steel would be the perfect mix of length and added muzzle weight, IMO.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    My Street Comp just arrived, and I’ve got a couple of questions before I apply the Loctite and attach it permanently:

1. The shaft on my front sight nut driver is too big (good problem to have, right?) to go through the hole in the bottom of the Street Comp to attach the front sight. Will the Glock OEM driver that SI sells fit that hole? I’d like to take advantage of the ability to put the front sight on the comp for a longer iron-sight radius.

2. My 3 or 4 year old Suarez steel guide rod is too long to allow the slide to cycle with the Comp attached. Are the newer SI guide rods a bit shorter to allow for this, or am I stuck using the OEM captive guide rod? No problem if so, but I did prefer the smoother cycling with the Suarez guide rod. If the newer ones are designed to work with the Street Comp, I’ll order one.
    I have a G17 with the SI recoil unit. When I added the Street comp I had to back it out a turn so the rod didn't hit it. It still works great.

See the point about timing in this thread: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...98#post1941198
    "I have many people, but few men."
    -Xerxes, King of Persia, at the battle of Thermopylae

"Charity has got everything to do with giving and absolutely nothing to do with taking."

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Trench