Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A friend of mine is a huge advocate of Wim Hof's stuff. I don't know the details, only that he said the ice baths and breathing exercises have greatly improved his health. He's a long time martial arts guy and a good deal of wear and tear. He said it's changed his life from a pain perspective.

he also thinks it's really boosted his immune system.

It's been on my list of things that I know I need to try, but the thought of an ice bath seems even less appealing than spooning with Greg in a warm bath of pickle juice.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

I've got some "pickle juice" for you.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I've got some "pickle juice" for you.
    Was hoping you'd pick up on the hint. You never disappoint!
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

I did something along these lines in the shower this morning, after doing sprints for workout. I was dehydrated, hot from running, and had the shower heat up just a hair too high (about the middle setting, but that's too much when you're already sweating), so I felt lousy while shaving. I hopped back in, cranked it all the way to cold, and had a hard time catching my breath as I atood with it pounding my head and chest. Woke me up and jumpstarted recovery, though.

For sleep purposes, cold shower does same thing. Not as effective for severe workout recovery. Cold bath helps too

When I was a HS wrestler, doing 2-4 workouts a day, I would regularly shower warm to cleans myself, followed by a few minutes as cold as I could stand it. It helped my cool down so I didn't go back to class sweating and stinking and I think it helped my cutting weight and recovery.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Does it matter which way its done when used for showering? I started at a cold temperature then I gradually turned the heat up after sitting under the cold for about 5 min. Is that less effective then starting off at hot then going to cold at the end of the shower?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    I did something along these lines in the shower this morning, after doing sprints for workout. I was dehydrated, hot from running, and had the shower heat up just a hair too high (about the middle setting, but that's too much when you're already sweating), so I felt lousy while shaving. I hopped back in, cranked it all the way to cold, and had a hard time catching my breath as I atood with it pounding my head and chest. Woke me up and jumpstarted recovery, though.
    I do that every morning. It's the James Bond shower. Start out hot and then for the last 30 seconds to a minute, go cold.

It's a great way to start the day and it wakes you up quick.

I do it the way Greg described. I am a Wim Hoff student and follow what he does. Ideally you want to start out cold and stay cold, no hot. This works for me only if I am not trying to get the muck off, cold water does not work well with soap or shampoo. I do the hot then cold after a work out, standing under the cold much longer than the hot. I found it helps recovery and cuts down on workout pain. I will do the all cold in the morning when I am not using soap. OF course to go whole hog the ice bath is required. I have not got there yet.