Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pappas View Post
    So, everything takes time. It takes time to bleed to death, time to put a TQ on yourself or another person. It takes far to long to improvise a tourniquet. If this is something you think is important, spend $30 bucks on the real thing and get some training. Have the ability to put a TQ on rapidly.
    Great thread and post, Shawn.

Bottom line: It’s 2019. If you don’t have a proper tourniquet and the skill to use it, you are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I keep on in my motorcycle jacket, and in my and the little lady's vehicles I keep a full bleeder kit, TQ, and nasal airway in a vacuume packed little package.
    Indeed. I also keep a large kit in my truck. Its good to know how to use all that stuff.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I carry one on me and several in my bag in my vehicle and some more in the TIB. Along with the other IFAK essentials.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

I AIWB carry a CAT at 11:00, outboard of my reload. I just slip it into my waistline and the plastic collar for the windlass holds it in place: one arm on my belt and the other on the side flange of my mag holster. It's so lightweight that it never builds enough inertia to even shift, let alone fall out or slip through.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    I AIWB carry a CAT at 11:00, outboard of my reload. I just slip it into my waistline and the plastic collar for the windlass holds it in place: one arm on my belt and the other on the side flange of my mag holster. It's so lightweight that it never builds enough inertia to even shift, let alone fall out or slip through.
    Will try.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

I carry a RAT in a readyman elastic pouch, usually just in one of my pockets. When I stuff it in I leave a loop out to make it easier to pull it. I'd like to find a different carry option to make sure it is easy to access one handed.

In my car bag I have a CAT and two SWAT tqs but this arent much use to me if I am bleeding out somewhere other than my trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Will try.
    Seriously. I am so stealing that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    Seriously. I am so stealing that idea.
    Stolen! Wearing it now, and I'll try it tomorrow when I'm back on. Easy way to carry an extra.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 16. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    <snip>
    In civvies, how are tribe members carrying their TQs?
    Cargo pockets, pants or shorts. If I'm dressed a little less casual, sports coat pockets. TQ, chest seals, IBD, Quick Clot, etc. Room for it all. I'm old enough that I look like any other old guy in baggy clothes.

John W in SC

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    I am stealing that.

For the time being, I roll up a RAT in my back pocket with a pair of chest seals when I'm in work clothes or jeans. When in cargo pants I switch to a CAT.

Jim Miller
    ISA 6:8