Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    I AIWB carry a CAT at 11:00, outboard of my reload. I just slip it into my waistline and the plastic collar for the windlass holds it in place: one arm on my belt and the other on the side flange of my mag holster. It's so lightweight that it never builds enough inertia to even shift, let alone fall out or slip through.
    I join the others in saying that is a fantastic idea, and I'll try it out. Current EDC doesn't include a TQ, mostly because I don't have a good way to carry one--but now, it turns out, I do. I'll just need a little practice with the CAT vs. the SOF-T I'm accustomed to.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    NC for now
    Posts
    21
    CAT on duty belt, issued/required.

    Trauma bag in patrol vehicle have a few of the TK4 style and in the personal car a similar smaller trauma bag.

    EDC one of the TK4, they stow away easily.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,192
    Quote Originally Posted by millergun View Post
    CAT on duty belt, issued/required.

    Trauma bag in patrol vehicle have a few of the TK4 style and in the personal car a similar smaller trauma bag.

    EDC one of the TK4, they stow away easily.
    The TK4 is not recommended for use in any way. They are inferior.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

    Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist


    CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

    TWOTU since May 2015

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    NC for now
    Posts
    21
    The CAT is superior and I've aquired 4 more.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,566
    Full kit in the car with 3-4 TQ’s, several hemostatic agents, gauze, airways, and as Sua suggested several triangular bandages.

    1 in my desk in a small BOK.

    House has a full on aid bag

    Shotgun grab bag has one and a small trauma kit on it as well.

    Chest rigs have 1 each.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    44,474
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    I AIWB carry a CAT at 11:00, outboard of my reload. I just slip it into my waistline and the plastic collar for the windlass holds it in place: one arm on my belt and the other on the side flange of my mag holster. It's so lightweight that it never builds enough inertia to even shift, let alone fall out or slip through.
    Great idea
    Gabriel Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    44,474
    And if you don't have one, here is the store page for them. Add a couple to your next order. We may add a module in the next class where we require a Tourniquet application during an exercise.

    CAT Tourniquets
    Gabriel Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    NC for now
    Posts
    21
    On patrol my trauma bag also has Halo seals, airway with gel, combat rescue sling, heavy vacuum sealed blanket, hermostatic gauzes, a few Israeli bandages in two sizes.....The 4 magazine holder assecory also has extra torniquet and hermostatic gauze attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    NC for now
    Posts
    21
    I've been looking for a CAT holder for EDC, possibly to hold spare mag with it.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by millergun View Post
    I've been looking for a CAT holder for EDC, possibly to hold spare mag with it.
    I've got a few friends who like this tourniquet holder for EDC.
    http://www.greenforcetactical.com/tq-carrier/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •