Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CBD Oil

My sister has been taking it over the last year along with chemo. I don't know what benifit she got from it. I will ask her. She knows somone that has their own cbd oil company and he gave tons of it to her for free. She figured why not.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    My recently passed Father in law used CBD oil for a while, upon my urging, and the results were fantastic, he had greatly increased energy, gained 14 pounds, thru increased appetite, and had better mental clarity. The only reason he stopped the CBD oil was chemo, and that killed him. Previously he had given the wife and I a jar of CBD ointment, its effect on pain relief are nearly instantaneous, great stuff.

On a side note, I tried it myself 5 drops twice a day, and after approx 8 weeks, I noticed more lucid dreaming and an increased in general anxiety, I've never been much on anxiety, so I stopped its use.
    This is the biggest thing that surprised me. Once applied, it gives relief in about 2 minutes and lasts for about 3 hours. I haven't tried the oral but the ointment works great.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Greg, I'll be interested to see if it quits having the same effect after a few weeks. My friend broke his femur in October and has had pain since then, so he started taking it in March I believe. After him saying how well it worked I tried it for my shoulder, and it helped, for about a month. Then it seemed to lose its affect. I spoke to him and he said he had the same thing happen to him. I'm not sure if that is true for everyone, but please give an update a month or two down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Greg, I'll be interested to see if it quits having the same effect after a few weeks. My friend broke his femur in October and has had pain since then, so he started taking it in March I believe. After him saying how well it worked I tried it for my shoulder, and it helped, for about a month. Then it seemed to lose its affect. I spoke to him and he said he had the same thing happen to him. I'm not sure if that is true for everyone, but please give an update a month or two down the road.
    Ya now that I'm actually getting relief I'm going to keep using it but I'm also going to do with everything I buy and test different options and results. I'm not married to anything, and they have multiple dosing selections available and I started with a lower dose so I can always go up. I do want to try the oral to see if it is any better or different.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

I’ve been using CBD lotion for over a year for my lower back. I have spinal stenosis. I get relief in 2 to 5 minutes and lasts about 3 hrs. I haven’t seen any reduction in benefit in over a year. I also use CBD oil orally at night as well as the lotion. It helps with the pain and I get a better nights sleep. The oil I use is tested by an independent lab for purity. I started with 300mg per dose and increased to 600 mg per dose and that works better.
    M. Goffinet
    CRG-1
    CRG-2
    CRG-3

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjoe View Post
    I’ve been using CBD lotion for over a year for my lower back. I have spinal stenosis. I get relief in 2 to 5 minutes and lasts about 3 hrs. I haven’t seen any reduction in benefit in over a year. I also use CBD oil orally at night as well as the lotion. It helps with the pain and I get a better nights sleep. The oil I use is tested by an independent lab for purity. I started with 300mg per dose and increased to 600 mg per dose and that works better.
    My salve is 300mg and I've had similar results. Did you start with the lotion and add the oral later? Other than sleep how did adding the oral effect you and your discomfort? Do you think you would have the same result with just the 600mg oral and not using the lotion?
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 07-09-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Fwiw: I have used CBD oil 300mg 75-100 ml once a day and for me it works really well. I used to have a A type personality and now a B which works very well for me. I can tolerate some stupid in people much better, even drivers. I seem to sleep a lil better. I have used it for 3 yrs. 2 family members use it--daughter in law was on 2 anxiety meds and just about off all (1/4 dose of 1) and will stop that soon. 5 friends in Fla are now using it and are very pleased with it. No buzz--no thc--i have been told that the only way it will show in a drug test is in the root of a hair. If your dog has a problem with groomer, fireworks or thunder storms the gummies work great. Not a scientist or Dr here--just a old retired street copper who found something that works for ME.

Greg, I started with the lotion then tried the oil later. The oil by itself kind of takes the edge off but the combination works better. For me the oil has a relaxing effect which helps some with the pain because when the muscles tighten it causes the pain to be worse. Unfortunately there is not a lot of research to date on any of this although there are studies going on now. I’ve talked to other people that have used both with similar results and a few that have not had as good of a result as I have. All of them seem to get some relief but some more than others. I think you have to start with a lower dosage of the oil and work up until you find the correct level. I used the 300mg oil for a month everyday and it helped a little. Then I went up to the 600mg and I could tell the difference. I use the lotion 2 to 3 times a day and the oil once a day at night.
    M. Goffinet
    CRG-1
    CRG-2
    CRG-3

I'm using the ointment 3-4 times a day, first thing in the morning, right after I shower when I work out at lunch, and 1-2x in the evening when I'm home. What dose is the lotion? My ointment is 300mg and works almost like magic so far.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Greg best I can tell it’s 285 mg. It had a label that has peeled off. It also has some arnica which I tried by itself and it did nothing. I was told the best time to use the lotion was after a shower because it absorbs better but it seems to work anytime. The oil I put under my tongue for about 60 to 90 seconds and it is supposed to be absorbed better.
    M. Goffinet
    CRG-1
    CRG-2
    CRG-3