Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recommend Me Glock Sights

Right now I have my suarez international fitted with a Silencerco threaded barrel and suppressor height ameriglo sights.

My original intent was to run an rmr, yet my astigmatism (which impacts red dots to different degrees) made the RMR such a jumbled mess I scrapped that idea. Furthermore, I was hoping to get a suppressor and that doesnít seem like itís in the cards anytime soon and I hate how the thread protector comes loose.

So at this point Iím wanting to swap out the barrel and sights. Thinking Iíll pick up a Suarez Faceshooter non-threaded Barrel.

For sights, what are THE best night sights for everyday carry use?
    Are the Suarez I-Dot sights significantly better than XS Big Dots, and would you recommend them hands down over any three-dog sight sets?

Thanks!

XS lollipop sights are a problem looking for a solution. Where they would excel sights arenít needed and where sights are needed they are a glob of imprecision.

If youíre not going the RMR route ( have you tried the dual-illuminated models ?) Iíd go with the Suarez Standard Height Sights. https://suarezinternational.com/standard-height-sights/

There are no better iron sights available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

An easy solution for the thread protector coming loose is to put a rubber O ring on and then snug the protector up against it. I have done that for years and years and years with no problem. You could also use a wrap of teflon tape.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Thank you for the responses!

I may try the o-ring and keep the threaded barrel then, but still want to improve the sights. What size and where can I buy the right o-ring for a threaded Glock barrel? Okay saw Suarez sells them, assume they’re compatible with a Silencerco barrel.

Assuming I never add an RMR and a suppressor won’t be in the picture in the short-term, is it stupid to run the full co-witness suarez sights, are they noticeably less accurate? If not, thinking I may as well have them so I’m good to go if I add a suppressor in the future.
    Last edited by DefeatingPropaganda; 07-07-2019 at 09:54 AM.

My recommendation - Ignore all the bullshit you see online about Big Dot sights and needing to use the eyes a certain way to shoot. Those sights are trash and the second worst product on the market (Serpa holsters being the top slot). Instead, sell a few guns and get Lasik from a reputable eye doc that treats athletes and first responders. And if the first guy says you are not a candidate, get a second opinion.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The o-ring will solve your problem with the thread protector coming loose, I have two threaded barrels with o-rings and they never come loose.
    I have had a number of different sight sets over the years and think the SI ones are the best I have tried. I like the simple two dot setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    My recommendation - Ignore all the bullshit you see online about Big Dot sights and needing to use the eyes a certain way to shoot. Those sights are trash and the second worst product on the market (Serpa holsters being the top slot). Instead, sell a few guns and get Lasik from a reputable eye doc that treats athletes and first responders. And if the first guy says you are not a candidate, get a second opinion.
    Okay the first time I looked into Lasik the optometrist told me my astigmatism was too slight for her to ever recommend the Lasik. Wasn't sure if they could even fix it, so it was little potential reward (in her opinion) with all the risk. Haven't gotten a second opinion since, but I will now. Really hate how it limits me firearms wise.

Quote Originally Posted by DefeatingPropaganda View Post
    Okay the first time I looked into Lasik the optometrist told me my astigmatism was too slight for her to ever recommend the Lasik. Wasn't sure if they could even fix it, so it was little potential reward (in her opinion) with all the risk. Haven't gotten a second opinion since, but I will now. Really hate how it limits me firearms wise.
    I had it done in 2005. Life changing. Look...I am a capitalist and would love you to sell you all manner of things. But if you are my student and your goal is to shoot better, I will tell you that requires seeing better. That is, after all, what sights and RMRs are for. Seeing what you are indexing on the target better. No sighting system will help you if you can't do that.

Last year I had cataract surgery on one eye. "Its really slight...you could wait another five years". Nope...it may be slight for some cardigan wearing grandpa whose sole focus is pickle ball, but a warrior needs to be able to shoot a tango in the face, so no five years...do this shit now. I also didn't look for a deal...I looked for the best. And since Obamacare all but eliminated insurance for those of means, I paid cash. But my eye is perfect now.

Fix the eye...then come and talk to me about fixing the gun.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Appreciate your insight and recommendation. Already selected what looked like the best (not cheapest) place in my area to get another opinion.

I use a couple of wraps of teflon
    tape under my thread protectors.
    It's easier to fit than o-rings.

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.