Default The 6 Biggest Lies About Eating Meat

The 6 Biggest Lies About Eating Meat

If there's one macronutrient you can't overdo, it's protein. And if there's one type of protein you can't go wrong with, it's meat. Because despite what your vegan hipster coworker keeps telling you, animal protein is the best food for building and maintaining muscle, and it's required for a long and healthy life. But what about all those studies vegans like to quote showing that meat is "bad?" Let's take a closer look.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Show me a combat-fit individual who has been a long-term vegan.

Been interested in fitness since my teens, I've experimented a lot with nutrition including vegan.

I felt terrible on vegan. Extremely low energy, bad blood work ups, etc. Quit within a year.

Been paleo for +7 years. Lots more energy, good blood work ups, and a lot easier to gain/maintain muscle mass. Plus random joint aches subsided/disappeared (assuming inflammation).

Maybe vegan works but I haven't seen any proof...

Many, many years ago, when vegetarianism was just becoming vogue ("vegan" was not even on the horizon then), I read a study that said that vegetarians needed to consume a huge amount more calories just to come close to the daily protein intake of omnivores. Additionally, vegetarians ran the risk of not receiving enough B complex vitamins over the long term. They would need to supplement their diets with B Complex injections to stave off the detrimental mental health effects of long-term B complex insufficiencies.

I'm an omnivore and I'm staying an omnivore.

If red meat was as terrible for you as the media would have you believe, then the cavemen would have died out as a race thousands of years ago.
    "We must all suffer one of two things: The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret and disappointment." -Jim Rohn

A lot of the vegetable and grain centric dietary propaganda started with Mondale who saw grains and vegetable heavy diets as a means to help resolve world-wide food shortages and hunger. He pressed to have the food pyramid changed to minimum proteins and fats, and heavy on carbohydrates.

Just look at USDA's food pyramid. It's basically upside down from what we know it should be.

Truth be told too, today's sedentary life style and the lack of actual physical work and activity is a major cause of a great number of health issues. Add that to a high carb diet and you now have a formula for obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post

.....Just look at USDA's food pyramid. It's basically upside down from what we know it should be. ....
    I've referred to it as the Food Pryamid Scheme for decades.