Default Earthquake in LA, another good reason not to live there

Magnitude 6.4 earthquake
    11 miles from Ridgecrest, CA Jul 4, 12:33 PM

earthquake.jpg

This was not a real bad one, and gives a strong reason to own firearms if they ever really get the big one to strike.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I spent 3 years in the Marines out there (1979 to 1982) and tho they had several quakes while I was there, I never felt one. The largest they had when I was there I was driving a deuce and a half and missed it. Had to come back home to feel a few= New Madrid fault line! I know how stupid it was back then, I can only imagine how terrible it is now!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    I spent 3 years in the Marines out there (1979 to 1982) and tho they had several quakes while I was there, I never felt one. The largest they had when I was there I was driving a deuce and a half and missed it. Had to come back home to feel a few= New Madrid fault line! I know how stupid it was back then, I can only imagine how terrible it is now!
    The new madrid fault is a serious one that apparently has not done anything really bad since about 1812 IIRC.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

That was nothing like 94, I know Gabe remembers that one. I didn’t feel yesterday’s and tonight’s was like I was on an ocean boat for about a minute. I just thought I was loosing my balance at first. If I were in Ridgecrest, that would be a different story.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

We felt a little rolling shake in Kingman after that 7.1 tonight. They can keep it all.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    The new madrid fault is a serious one that apparently has not done anything really bad since about 1812 IIRC.
    Lately there has been a few minor ones around. The biggest I remember was back in 1968. "They" say we are over due!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

I was in LA last night when the earthquake hit. I was on the 10th floor of the Sheraton Gateway at LAX. Felt like being on a boat or ship in heavy, rolling waves. It was interesting to
    say the lest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    The main problem is not that the fault line is a bad one but that buildings and infrastructure are just till recently accounting for it in construction methods. Wee didnt see any design standards called for until the 2000s.

I'm honestly more worried of a tornado in our area. Ive had 3 within a few miles of our office during the last ten years.
    ---------------
    Alan Warfield
    ---------------