Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could a Glock 25 be assembled with a Polymer 80 frame and glock parts

This is totally a just because project - though I think a Glock 48 in .380 , the Glock EZ would be a good pistol for older or grip challenged not gun people

Anyway it looks like a lot of the parts are the same between the G19 and G25 so it seems assembling a G25 would be easy enough assuming the G25 s[specific parts could be obtained, Would it be wrong to assume getting the parts would be nearly impossible?

I would go to one of the glock forums, but maybe someone here would know just how similar the frames are and I have no idea where you get the barrels and slides etc. A .380 mag is likely different and that is where I would start. Does the .380 mag you want to use have the same external dimensions of double column g19 size magazine. I would guess no.
    Will the slides interchange on the two frames an a whole lot more.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The slide is the easy part.

Just make itnout of coathangers.

Cause thisbthing will will be an abortion anyway.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

I'd post this on a gun builder's forum. That said, I would think that it's a straight forward build as soon as you get a parts set. Someone somewhere has it for sale.

If the goal is building it just because, cool. If the goal is low recoil for an elderly person, the easy button is either low recoil ammo or a big ol' Beretta 380.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    The slide is the easy part.

Just make itnout of coathangers.

Cause thisbthing will will be an abortion anyway.

not really - the pistol already exists but through some bizarre twist of ATF logic can't be imported to the US ...

looking at a lot of the glock 'guts' they're listed as 9 mm / 380 disgronificator or what ever

I suspect the differences would be in the barrel - different chamber of course and some thing to make it blow back action

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I would go to one of the glock forums, but maybe someone here would know just how similar the frames are and I have no idea where you get the barrels and slides etc. A .380 mag is likely different and that is where I would start. Does the .380 mag you want to use have the same external dimensions of double column g19 size magazine. I would guess no.
    Will the slides interchange on the two frames an a whole lot more.

I've seen pictures of the glock 25 magazine - looks like a g19 body thmag at has a dent in the 'back' end - I'm guessing to account for the shorter OAL of the 380

There must be projects that would result in something more useful.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Where would you source the rest of the glock parts?

If you want a G19 size 380 check out the S&W 389 shield EZ.

Glock has never bothered with the G25 here because the glock 19 is legal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

I can see an argument for a high capacity blowback Glock in a minor caliber--as the original post mentions. If the P80 is the only way to obtain the frame, and if the parts are unobtanium, then the project never gets beyond the cigar box.

As stated above, there are other high cap platforms in .380 or .32: I'd look into a Beretta 81/84 or CZ 83.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 15. And a wakeup.

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters